Emma gave him a thankful smile. "I know its just...I don't think he's that bad. There's something else going on I can feel it" Emma explained, knowing Lois would have an answer within seconds. "Of course you can" Conner spoke up, confusing everyone at the table. Emma glares at him, "No one asked you" She spoke in a monotone. Conner rolled his eyes at her. "It's because you both are essentially the same person" Conner stated, ignoring Emma.

Emma only scoffed, "What are ya on about?" She questioned him. Conner shook his head, "You and Tal are the same...I know you don't remember it now but trust me...you two are one in the same" Conner told her. Emma visibly gagged at him, "Yep, definitely not revolting". But Sam seemed to go into national security mode.

"You're working with Morgan Edge?" He asked Conner, standing up. Conner nodded, "Yeah but I'm on your side... right Emmsie" He looked at Emma hoping for her support. Emma looked away from him, a frown on her face. Conner looked at her baffled as Emma refused to look in his direction.

"Emma, come back me up here" He breathed out. "I...I can't" Emma spoke, breaking the tension like a hammer.

He looked at her and it hit him like a ton of bricks. He had truly hurt her like their mother had doner her entire life. He had broken her. Conner had actually broken his sister. Sam then stood in front of Conner's line of sight of Emma. "Look son, we can do this the easy way or the hard way" He spoke confidently before walking closer to the man. "Don't make this harder for her" He whispered, seeing how uncomfortable Emma was.

Conner dropped his head before nodding at Sam and turning away from everyone. That was when people noticed that Emma had gone from the room without a sound. Jordan stood up to follow her.

Jordan knew where she would be, the same place he found her that night. Emma sat on the back porch swing, knees to the chest as she stared off at nothing in particular. Jordan sat next to her, leaving a little space, just in case. Emma stayed silent as she scooted over slightly, resting her head on Jordan's shoulder.

"I'm here...I'm right here" Jordan told her gently, wrapping his arm around her. "Thank you" Emma whispered, her hand resting softly on his chest.

<><><>

Emma and Sienna had stayed at the Kent Farm that night. It was too dangerous for them to be alone with Mal out and about, fear that she might take Emma again. The poor girl had been mostly mute since Sam took Conner away. She couldn't handle it, hearing his voice drop as he pleaded with her to help him. She just couldn't.

Finding out that he caused the death of her family, the one that truly loved her. It was taking every single part of her not to crumble into pieces. She slowly walked downstairs, listening to Clark and the boys talk and joke. A small smile graced her lips, 'at least they were okay' she thought to herself.

She hesitated as she reached the last step. She could still hear the boys and she could hear Lois and Sienna talking about Lana, who seemed to be calling to the house soon. Emma walked out to the porch, the cold hitting her as she leaned agasint the railings. Emma rested her head in her palms. How the hell did she get wrapped up in all this?

One day she's with her sister then the next she's finding lost relatives, that she's half alien, her mother is even worse than she imagined. And to top it all off, her dead brother was alive the whole time.

"What are you thinking about?"

Emma let out a sigh, "Everything". She turned her head to Jordan as he walked up next to her. She gave him a half-assed smile for a moment while his hand slithered into hers and squeezed it tightly. "Everything...is complicated. Maybe focus on one thing at a time" He suggested, kissing her head softly. "Okay then. Conner. He was here this whole time and not once did he see me. After I came here, punching that jackass in Metropolis" Emma began to list her first problem, making Jordan laugh at her comment. "The Black Mercy...he just stayed away. How can someone do that?" She asked, not expecting an answer as Jordan stood next to her.