First Encounter

"Coordinator, Mercenary, Doctor and Lawyer please head your way to the ready area, the game will begin in 10 minutes!"

Minutes after Martha heard the announcement her door was knocked.  Opening, Emily stood right in front of her

"This is your first game, have you read the rules?"

"Yes, of course."

"Then there's no need to say more, let's be off."

While on the way, Martha saw a guy in a green jacket, his hood, pulled very low covered his face which Martha is trying to see.

"His name is Naib, Mercenary" noticing Martha's glance, Emily introduced.

When they finally got to the ready every, lawyer is already waiting for them.  The three greeted each other while Naib ignored every single one of them and sat down in the chair furthest away from everyone.

"You should at least watch your manner around high-class people Mercenary" Naib ignored Freddy, and continued to fiddle with the food in front of him.  Hearing this, Martha felt a surge of anger forming in her chest.

"Mr. Riley, this is Martha." Emily introduced Martha, but Freddy seemed unamused.

"No need to say more, I only care if she'll help us win the game."

"Well Mr. Freddy, it is forbidden to let other people know your last name.  With this in mind, how can I be sure that YOU are so-called high class?"

She hates people like this.  High-class peeps who only care about their own self-interest, and the way he talks, ignites that flame in her chest.  Freddy seemed angered by her words, but given this rule of the manor, he cannot say more.

As she sat down, she realized another one's sitting in the far end.  She narrowed her eyes trying to see more, but the curtains just perfectly blocked her sight.  Then the rule of the games came to her mind, that's the hunter.

"It's no use bickering with each other right, let's try to figure out how to win the game." Emily reminded everyone.

"As usual, I'll focus on decoding." Freddy said.

"Alright, if any of you got hurt, come and find me." Emily chided in.

The other two remained silent, both of them know what Freddy meant by decoding.

"Let the game begin."

The same voice that made the announcement sounded.  Purple smoke filled the room, not knowing what it is Martha held her breath.  But soon she realized everyone has breathed in the smoke and passed out, strange.  But soon her oxygen ran out, and she breathing in the smoke passed out too.

When she woke up again, she's in a different place.  Everything smelled burnt for some reason, but when she glanced around she realized its a factory...

Then she realized something shining in the distance, as she neared it, it came to her.  This is the cipher, as she started decoding the machine hummed, she didn't realized something was wrong until a spark of electricity hit her hand.

"I should be more careful."

When she decide to return to the cipher, her heartbeat went up.  No... not her heartbeat, this is the warning that the hunter is near.  Before she could react, a sharp pain ripped through her back, warm liquid starts following down from the wound.

"Well... That's..." unexpected.  However, the hunter did not follow has she tried to put more distance, that's weird, unless it's after something else.  What could this thing be chasing?  The bell answered her question, it's the mercenary.  His icon showed that he is downed.

"Seems like I'll have to rescue him."

"Saving your friend after being hit? Interesting." The hunter smiled at Martha, the voice tells Martha that the hunter is male and the way he dresses.  Is that... A suit?

"Are you stupid, let the doctor or the lawyer come."

It's the first time she heard him speak, but Martha ignored him.  She raised her gun, and while the hunter is trying to wave the smoke out of it's face, she pulled Naib off of the rocket chair.

"Run!"

The hunter came out of his daze and looked at the new survivor.

"Alright now you've made me mad."

Guess that's the cue that the hunter will start to chase me, thought Martha, as she turned and run.

She didn't know how much time has passed, but when the siren sounded she know the five ciphers are done, and with that, the hunter finally downed and chaired.

"Sad you will be eliminated in your first game."

The hunter smiled.

"Not so soon, Jack."

Before she realized, she was pulled off the chair, the voice told her it's Naib but the blood has gotten in her eyes.

"Thanks..."

"Don't mention it."