𝚃𝙷𝚁𝙴𝙴 | 𝙰 𝙿𝙸𝙻𝙴 𝙾𝙵 𝙱𝙾𝙾𝙺𝚂 𝙰𝙽𝙳 𝙰 𝙽𝙸𝙶𝙷𝚃 𝙾𝙽 𝚃𝙷𝙴 𝙲𝙾𝚄𝙲𝙷

Matilda sat in the room with her mom and Belly as the latter patted some lipstick on her lips. The older girl had told her everything about Cam, and the young Fisher girl was possibly even more excited about her first date than Belly herself.

"You look really cute." Susannah smiled as she looked at Belly from her seat. Matilda stood up from her place beside her mom, walking up to the teenage girl as she smiled at herself in the mirror.

"You're really pretty, Belly." Matilda smiled as she hugged Belly's arm to her chest.

Susannah grinned at her two girls, a pang of sadness hitting her when she remembered that she didn't have much time left with them, "You are gonna have so much fun tonight."

Matilda walked back to sit on the bed, her legs dangling off the edge as her excited smile never left her face. Belly spoke, a flustered tone in her voice, "We're just going to see a movie."

"That sounds like love." Matilda batted her eyelashes quickly, letting out a short laugh. At this, Laurel entered the room wearing a black, strappy shirt with black pants.

"You look nice, hon." the woman smiled at Belly, gathering the things she had left on the bed, turning around to look at Matilda, cupping her cheeks as the little girl still held her careless grin.

"I can't believe crop tops are back." Susannah stated, turning to talk to Laurel, "Remember how I thought I was such hot shit in that baby tee I wore freshman year?" Laurel laughed as Matilda furrowed her eyebrows, having a hard time thinking about her mom wearing anything... hot.

"Have fun tonight." Susannah said to Belly as the girl approached her, smiling wide as she saw her all dressed up.

"Are you not driving with us?" Laurel sounded confused, so Matilda decided to explain. She cupped a hand over the side of her mouth, whispering, "She's going on a date!" her smile grew as she said that, suddenly feeling giddy with excitement at the thought of Belly having an actual date.

"Sorry, Mom." Belly awkwardly countered, "Uhm, his name is Cam."

Susannah placed her hands over Belly's shoulders, "Yeah, his mom works at the club. Really nice boy, very smart."

"Ooh, a country club boy." Matilda laughed, shaking her shoulders to the side.

"It's fine." Laurel brushed it off with a short laugh, "Of course you can go. I've dragged you to enough of these book parties over the years." she paused before continuing again, "Have a great date."

Matilda turned to lay on her stomach, cupping her chin with her hands, "Yeah Belly, have fun." she then whispered yelled the last part of the sentence, "But not too much."

"Matilda!" both Susannah and Laurel scolded, the little girl shrugging her shoulders as she stood up from the bed.

"I'll go finish getting ready." she waved as she walked out of the room, a smile still displayed on her features.

___

Matilda was wearing a baggy white shirt with short overalls over top, her mom having helped her to get her wavy hair to look good, a white pearl headband in the middle of her brunette hair.

She was on the couch, watching as the three boys played video games. Matilda was leaning into Conrad's figure, his arm wrapped around her as he held the controller.

"Damn!" Jeremiah exclaimed, standing up to walk behind the couch. Matilda perked up at this, unwrapping her brother's arm from around her. She turned around to look, seeing that Belly was standing there.

"Yeah, fine, just abandon the game completely, Jere." Steven rhetorically said, continuing to look at the TV screen.

Matilda stood up as Conrad looked back at Jeremiah and Belly, an emotion she couldn't name flashing through his eyes.