𝚃𝚆𝙾 | 𝙶𝚁𝙴𝙴𝙽 𝚂𝙼𝙾𝙾𝚃𝙷𝙸𝙴𝚂 𝙰𝙽𝙳 𝚆𝙷𝙸𝚃𝙴 𝙳𝚁𝙴𝚂𝚂𝙴𝚂

Start from the beginning

"Connie." she spoke in a low voice, not wanting to bother his headache that much, she placed a hand on his shoulder, "Here." Conrad acknowledged her with a nod, muttering a small, "Thank you." before sitting up to drink it.

Matilda rolled her eyes playfully, "Don't get drunk next time." she took her hand off of his upper-arm, not waiting for his answer.

"Come on man, hurry your ass up." Steven started as Jeremiah started placing all the dirty dishes in the sink, "Alright? I can't be late for my first day of work."

"You heard the responsible adult?" Matilda said, sarcasm lacing her tone.

"At least i'm working." Steven responded.

Matilda looked at him, not impressed, "I'm eleven, not even my grandmother will hire me to mow her lawn."

Jeremiah smiled at their interactions, walking to Steven, "We won't be late. We're good."

"Come on man." Steven slapped Jeremiah in the ass, "Those old country club boomers are gonna tip me so hard, man, they won't know what hit 'em." he lifted his hips, his voice raising an octave to high on the last words. Matilda looked away, scrunching her face up in disgust.

She looked back at Conrad, who was now sitting on the couch. "Are all boys like that?"

Conrad let a small smile grow on his face, "Yes."

Matilda frowned, her eyebrows furrowed, "You weren't."

Conrad let a small laugh past his lips, "Luckily." he said, even though he knew he had been like them at some point, but his little sister was too focused on other things, that she never really noticed. Luckily.

Matilda shook her head, "I'm never going to have a boyfriend."

Conrad raised his eyebrows, his usual dim mood coming back, "Keep saying that."

Matilda sat next to him, sighing as she rested her head on his shoulder. Conrad looked down at her, rubbing her opposite arm with his hand. He was about to ask her what was wrong when Belly walked in, and Laurel suddenly started speaking to her, making Matilda look in that direction.

"Belly, where have you been?" she looked at her closer, "Is that a bruise?"

"Uhm... I-I bumped into someone" she replied nervously, looking towards them. Matilda soon realised that Belly wasn't looking at her, but at Conrad. The younger girl quickly understood that she was lying.

"You bumped into someone?" Laurel asked, confused.

"Doesn't look that bad." Conrad said as he saw that Belly kept looking at him. The teen girl looked away.

Matilda turned to her brother, slapping his arm with her hand, "She wanted reassurance, dumbass."

Neither of them could say anything else because their mom walked in, an excited tone in her voice as she spoke, "Oh my god!" she walked into the kitchen, her back to Conrad and Matilda, "Belly is gonna be a debutante."

Matilda turned to Conrad, "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to be mean." the older brother didn't really acknowledge her, his gaze focused on Belly. Matilda looked between the two.

They were so into each other it was almost ridiculous.

"It's really not that big of a deal." Belly said, embarrassed as Susannah hugged her tightly.

"I'm sorry, like Belly? Like my sister? Like that thing right there?" Steven asked as his older brother duty.

"Shut up, cretin." Belly answered, annoyance seeping in her tone.