Chapter 14

Ethan's POV
Grayson told me that something was wrong with Madison so we rushed over to her house. I tripped on the way over so Grayson was in head of me. I made it up the stairs and into her room but I tripped over my feet. Madison screamed out in pain. I was really confused till I saw her put her tarantula in its cage. I wasn't that worried because she said that they type of tarantula she has their bite is like a bee sting. Madison's started to breath really hard like she couldn't get air into her lungs. "Madison what's wrong?" I ask. I was getting really worried. It looked like she was about to say something but then she fell down. I rushed to her side. I lifted her up and sat the upper half of her body on my lap. "Madison. Can you hear me? Madison!" I yelled. Her eyes were shut and her breaths were uneven. "Gray we have to get her to the hospital!" I yelled. I feel tears start to build up in my eyes. Madison wasn't just my best friend, I loved her. I get a feeling when I'm with her that I've never had before and I couldn't loose her. I picked her up and ran down stairs. She felt so limp and cold and she was so pail. Gray was in front of me. Grayson ran inside our house for the keys. He came back and unlocked the car. I set Madison in the back and got in next to her. Grayson took off and I pulled Madison into my lap. I felt the tears fall from my face. She was barely breathing. "Hang in there Madison." I whisper to her. I kiss her forehead and squeeze her into my chest.

We finally get to the hospital and I jump out of the car. I grab Madison but I notice that her chest wasn't going up and down like it should be. I run inside the ER. "Some one help! I don't think she's breathing!" I yell. Nurses rush over to me and take her. I tried to follow them but they wouldn't let me. A nurse came up to me. "Sir I need to ask you some questions about the girl." She said. I nodded and wiped my tears away. "What's her name and age?" She asked. "Madison Sterling, she's 15." I say. Grayson is by my side and he's clearly worried too. "Ok what happened?" The nurse asked. "Her tarantula but her. But she said its suppose to be like a bee sting. Why is she reacting this way?" I question. "She maybe allergic to the venom. She's going to be fine sweetie. Take a seat." The nurse walked away. I remember Madison saying that if your allergic to the venom then you could go into anaphylactic shock or something. "Gray. I'm scared. Madison said that if your allergic then you can go into anaphylactic shock which can cause cardiac arrest. What if she doesn't make it." I cry. "She'll be fine Ethan." Gray assured me. "She wasn't breathing." I burry my head into my hands. Grayson doesn't know that I like her. Im such an idiot for not taking the dare. I really wanted to kiss her but I know she doesn't like me. "This is my fault. I'm the one that scared her tarantula." I say. "It's not your fault man. Don't say that." No matter what Grayson says it is my fault. "I'll go call her sister. I'll be right back." Grayson said. He got up and walked away and I was left to my thoughts.

It's been a few hours and Grayson went home to tell Mom and Dad what happened. Joselynn came by but had to leave to take care of the animals. A nurse walked up to me. "Are you here for miss Madison Sterling?" She asked. I nodded my head. "Ok well she can take visitors now but she's sleeping. The bite caused her to go into anaphylactic shock which caused her breathing problems and we think that some time in the car ride over here she went into cardiac arrest and her heart stopped. She died but we were able to get her heart going again. If you guys got here a few minutes later you might have lost her forever. You're very lucky. She's in room 203." The nurse walked away. I felt tears weld up in my eyes. She almost died, no she did die because of me. I got out of my chair and quickly made my way to room 203.

I found it and ran in. Madison was the type of girl that looks stunning without make up on and she some how managed to look beautiful laying in a hospital bed. I made my way over to the side of her bed. She looked so peaceful and she had some of her color back. I leaned down and kissed her forehead. "I love you." I whispered. I pulled up a chair next to her hospital bed and sat down. I held her small cold hand in mine and I fell asleep.

"Ethan?" I hear someone call my name. My eyes shot open. It was Madison's voice. I looked over at her but her eyes where still shut. She must be talking in her sleep again. "Ethan?" She said again. I can't help but wonder what she's dreaming about. "It can't be them." She said. She started to move around. I think she's having a nightmare. I stand up and kiss her cheek. "It's ok. It's just a dream." I whisper into her ear. She stopped moving. I sat back down and grabbed her hand again. "Ethan?" She said again. I looked over but this time her eyes were open. She was awake.

Madison's POV
I'm dreaming. Ethan and I were in his room. "I love you." He tells me. Ethan leans in and kisses me but when he pulls away and I open my eyes he's gone and I'm not in his bedroom any more. I'm in what looks like a hospital but there's no one there and it's really cold. "Ethan?" I call out. I start walking around the halls. I pass a door and it opens. I walk into the dark room. "Ethan?" I call out again. The lights turn on in the room. There are three operating tables. There is something on each one but white sheets cover the objects. I make my way over to one and I move the white sheet. It's my mother. I step back and move to the next one. My father is under the second one. I'm afraid of what's under the third one. I slowly lift the sheet. It's Ethan. I dropped the sheet and backed into a wall. I slid down the wall and pulls my knees to my chest. I rocked back and forth. I closed my eyes. "It can't be them!" I screamed. Then I felt calm. When I opened my eyes again I was awake. I felt someone holding my hand. "Ethan?"