"Dad-gum! Cool!" Mater exclaimed happily as he reached into his pocket. But before he could pull anything out, a strict and authoritative voice boomed out his name. The poor boy froze with a startled snort.

Both he and Lightning looked to see the Sheriff pull up in his police car. The old man slowly got out of is vehicle with a little trouble. He jingled as he walked because of the many keys hooked to his belt loop. "What did I tell you about talking to the accused?!"

"To not to." Mater frowned.

"Well, quit your yapping and help me deliver this delinquent road hazard to court." The Sheriff approached McQueen, key ready in hand, and began to unlock the cuffs. "I couldn't get you outta your car last night so I locked you in here. You had a death grip on your steering wheel even thought you were asleep!" The racer wasn't shocked by that one bit. He loved his car to death, it was a part of him. He wouldn't let anyone take it from him. Ever.

The Sheriff roughly pulled McQueen out of his car. "Hey, hey, hey!" The racer shouted in offense. "Watch the hands, pal!" As he began to tug the racer to his police car, McQueen rudely asked, "What are you gonna do with my car!?"

"It'll stay right here in the impound lot for now." The Sheriff smirked proudly. "It's not like you could take it anyway. I took your keys from ya and put a nice fancy boot on it." McQueen looked back to see an old, rusty boot on his pride and joy.

While the Sheriff shoved the young rookie into the back of his car, Mater took the passenger seat. Once the Sheriff slammed the door shut and began to walk to his seat, Mater turned back to talk to McQueen. Leaning on the driver seat, he held his hand up to his mouth to shield his mouth as he whisper, "Well, we'll talk later, Mater."

The young country boy then started to chuckle to himself as he turned back around just as the Sheriff opened the door and slid into his seat. "'Later, Mater.' That's funny!" He said in between laughs. McQueen groaned. This was gonna be a long day.

~~~~~~~~

You slowly woke up, feeling the sun's rays getting warmer on your face by the second. Pulling your torso up and off of the windshield, you yawned as you stretched your arms above your head. Waking yourself up little by little with time, you stayed put on the hood of your car as you looked out at the view in front of you. Tiny little Radiator Springs down below, small and quaint compared to the vast empty desert it sat in. Off a little ways to the right was the long, never-ending Interstate, and a little further right than that was the road up to where you were now at the Wheel Well, glistening waterfall and all.

Your rumbling stomach took your attention away from the breathtaking view. "Well, I suppose I'd better be heading back now." Sliding off the hood, you gaze the land one last appreciate gaze before sliding into the open window of your car. Starting the engine, you decided to turn on the radio to see if maybe a relaxing song, or even just one to get you pumped for the day, was playing.

However, you quickly heard a trend between many of the stations. From news stations to comedy show recordings, they were all talking about a missing racer. Lightning McQueen. "Hm?" You hummed to yourself curiously, stopping in a station that finally was giving out the actual details.

"McQueen's driver arrived in California, but McQueen was missing." The newscaster began. "Racer 95, Lightning McQueen, along with his race car, were reported missing. He was scheduled to race an unprecedented tie-breaker following the events of last night's race. His sponsors stated they have no idea where he is. Everyone is asking the same question. Where is McQueen?"

You showed no emotion on your face at this news as you decided to turn the radio back off altogether. "Well I hope he's okay..." You told yourself. No matter how much you disliked the cocky pain in the neck, you would never wish ill will on anyone. "But I wouldn't mind if he didn't show up to the tie-breaker. He'd just end up pulling some other stunt because of his ego. And I want to see The King finish his last race with no further surprises!"