001. 𝘫𝘰𝘶𝘳𝘯𝘦𝘺 𝘵𝘰 𝘮𝘪𝘥𝘨𝘢𝘳𝘥

Start from the beginning

"Perhaps you should convince my father to let me accompany you," Loki said.

"Why?" she asked, looking at him suspiciously.

"Well, why not? Strange land. Strange people. You'll need someone good at navigating these difficult situations and I happen to be very good at that" Loki said proudly.

"You are good at it because it is usually you creating the difficult situations" she laughed. "But no. Odin asked me to do this so I must do it alone. Prove to him I am not a failure.

"You never told me what happened," he said.

"And I never will. It is not something I'm proud of. Now, I must go" she said. "Try not to get on anyone's nerves until I get back."

⋆⁺₊⋆ ☾ ⋆⁺₊⋆ ☁︎

Freya stood with Heimdall at the Bifrost Bridge. Her long dress now replaced by her golden battle armor.

"Are you ready?" Heimdall asked.

"Well, once I am there, how will I even know what I'm looking for? I have never seen the tesseract" Freya said.

"You'll feel it. Its power will call to you" Heimdall said.

Freya nodded, determined to not let Odin down. Not again.

"Okay. I'm ready" she said.

"Good luck," Heimdall said as he opened the Bifrost, the room glowing with a bright white light that was nearly blinding.

The multiple colors of the Bifrost took over Freya's vision as she was pulled in and carried off to Midgard.

This wasn't her first time using the Bifrost, as she used it to travel to other realms plenty of times. But the way she landed roughly on her back, one would've thought it was her first time.

Sitting up she looked around to see she was lying on a pile of trash bags, two brick buildings surrounded her.

She was in a narrow alleyway, a low fog covering the ground of the alleyway opening. Freya groaned as she pulled herself up and brushed herself off.

Sighing she looked around, thinking of what her first move should be.

Heimdall said the tesseract would call to her, that she could feel its presence.

Deciding she couldn't feel its presence if she stuck around where she was, she started walking and figured she'd gather her bearings first.

Walking out onto the street Freya looked around, in awe at what she was seeing. There were machines, zooming by her, honking and beeping as they did.

People walked past her, staring and giving her weird looks as she did.

"Woah, baby, nobody told me the Renaissance fair was in town" a man called out.

Freya looked around, confused by his words. Deciding not to engage with him she kept walking, not seeing one of the machines racing toward her.

Hearing a loud honk, Freya turned and quickly moved out of the way, the man inside yelling at her as he took off.

Another machine coming at her from another direction honked and Freya froze, not understanding what it was.