Ghost Boys (Edited)

Start from the beginning

"Because. . ." Teru started quietly. "Because telling you. . .wouldn't have changed anything." Teru let his eyes look straight into Akane's. "Do you feel better now after hitting me?" He asked monotonously, he treated the punch as if it hadn't hurt him at all. But his cheek throbbed from the punch.

Akane's grip on Teru only tightened, and rage continued to spread through his body, infesting his mind. He grit his teeth and shoved Teru against the wall again, letting him go. "Forget it!" He said angrily, walking away from the president.

"What are you doing?" Teru asked, watching as Akane stormed down the hall.

"Isn't it obvious?" Akane said bitterly. "I'm going back to find Aoi. There has to be time left,"

But his wound didn't do what Akane wanted. He felt blood leak through his makeshift bandages.

The clothes Aoi wrapped him in.

Akane could taste metal, he coughed it out to see maroon. Akane brought his hand up to his face, coating his hand in his blood. He coughed aggressively, falling to his knees and holding his blood-coated belly. His hand stayed to his face, catching the blood. It dribbled down his fingers and to the floor, landing in wet splotches. Teru lifted himself from against the wall, walking towards the fallen Akane. He leaned forward and took hold of Akane's arm. "You can't help her. It's too late." He said sternly. But Akane struggled against Teru's strong hold. "Let go of me!" He shouted, pushing forward.

"You think I can just leave her like that? In such a horrible place!?" He started to rise, his body harshly protesting. Blood still leaked from his wounds and mouth. "I have to find her!" Akane struggled to say those words, the pain was starting to get to him. Teru noticed this and forced Akane on his back, keeping him down with a hand on Akane's chest. As revenge, Teru's hand slapped forcefully against Akane's face.

"What are you-" Akane was cut off by his own harsh coughing. More blood oozed out of his mouth, coating the soft floors. Teru kept Akane down. "You're on the brink of death. What can you possibly do?" He asked truthfully. "Besides, the path that brought us here has already closed. There's no way to get back," He said.

"S. .ew you," Akane mumbled. He shakily reached his hand to grasp around Teru's wrist, the one that kept him bound to the floor. "Screw you!" He belched out. His pure rage started subduing, and now sadness and despair washed over him. Tears streamed down his face like rivers, he started sobbing. "Why did you bring me back without her?" He asked desperately, his grip on Teru's wrist loosening.

Growling interrupted the depressing moment. Akane didn't notice, too caught up in his sniffles and hiccups, tears still falling down his face, mixing with his blood on the floor. Teru looked up once he noticed a shadow was cast over their frames. "Akane." He said. Akane grasped the courage to look up at Teru.

"Don't move a muscle," Teru instructed, letting his hand slip down to his hip, where his exorcizing weapon resided.

The being wasn't human, but supernatural. It was five times Teru's size, looming menacingly over him and the weeping Akane. Two bony arms were protruding from the thing's body, covering its face with its long, bony fingers. It was almost as if it were resembling an animal, the lumps in its body reminding Teru of a caterpillar, and the spiny legs that stretched from its body resembling a spider. But in no way was this thing an animal, it was a being that shouldn't be in the human realm.

Teru slowly unsheathed his sword, as silent as possible dissipating bodies to not provoke the being. But his efforts were useless, the thing cried out and slithered to Teru. Quickly, Teru's weapon was stretched out in front of himself. He stood and started to back up. "Come on, over here!" He called, clanging his weapon down on the floor, driving the being's attention to him, completely ignoring Akane, how Teru wanted it to.