13.

language

I had every right to feel weird about practice. Charles wasn't doing too good, placing somewhere in the middle. Carlos on the other hand was quiet fine, fighting with Verstappen for the lead.

After both of them came back Charles immediately went missing as I took a second to tell Alessandra that I'll go get food. Whilst waiting I looked a bit over the place, hoping to spot the red driver. I wasn't even sure what to do if I did. Run up to him and ask him if he's alright? I probably shouldn't, I didn't need to make myself seem weirder than I already am.

As I got some french fries and started to head back I felt a few raindrops hit my soft skin. I looked up into gray clouds, going for the next best roof I could find. It took a moment until I noticed that I was standing at the Red bull garage. I was silently praying that no one too important spottet me and tried to make conversation.

"Uhm..hi," a careful voice spoke and my head turned to meet the person that was probably ready to talk with me for the next few ages. To my surprise I didn't meet any Red bull colours, instead I was hit with red and a soft smile.

"Need someone to pick you up?" He chuckled as I ate one of my fries, taking the offered place beneath his big umbrella

"Need someone to pick you up?" He chuckled as I ate one of my fries, taking the offered place beneath his big umbrella. "You're a lifesaver, did I ever tell you this?" I signed in relief and Charles only shook his head smiling.

I nudged his shoulder with mine, offering some fries which he gladly took, trying to cheer him up. "Are you two alright? You know...you and Carlos?" For a moment he stayed quiet. "We'll be, don't worry. Garden of Eden wouldn't be as pretty if it didn't have it's apple tree, right?" His reference made me chuckle but calming me down as I knew I didn't bring their friendship into any problems.

"What about you? Are you alright?" I saw Charles gulp heavily. "I mean I am disappointed in myself of course but it's nothing new," the rain started to get heavier and our steps quickened as I already felt the rain splashing with every step up on my trousers.

"You don't need to be disappointed, you'll do amazing in qualifying. You just need to believe in yourself and if you don't, I'll. You know, maybe we don't metter to the universe but you metter to me, okay?" His eyes met mine and I would've sworn he was going to cry if I didn't knew any better.

"Thank you, you don't know how much this means to me," he smiled softly, focusing back on the ground beneath us as we finally reach the red building. "Don't thank me, just make sure to be one lap ahead this time and everything will be fine," I ruffled his hair carefully.

He dropped the umbrella, opening his raincoat. "Forever one lap ahead, sounds good to me," he smiled softly, I liked the way he added the word 'forever' to my sentence, making it even prettier than it already was.

"Miss we need you to step back. The drivers will get on track now, you can return to your friend," a mechanic stepped in, pointing out Alessandra somewhere further behind. I didn't say anything to him and only walked away, waving to Charles one more time.