Chapter 2

The Blind Bandit Is…

[Third Person POV]
  Delaney walked along the streets again, right near the earthbending academy. Her gaze was blank as usual, but shifted a bit as she heard a familiar voice calling her name.

  "Delaney, wait!" It was Aang, the water tribe siblings right behind him as they ran to Delaney who had turned around to them.
  "Umm, do you know anything about the Blind Bandit? We're trying to find her."

  Delaney raised an eyebrow as she glanced to the side in thought. The Avatar, an earthbending teacher, the Blind Bandit. Now so much is clicking together. Delaney moved her gray eyes back to the trio.

  "Well, she's a part of the Beifong family. The daughter, specifically. That's all I know, not much more, but we can go to their residence," she offered, and Aang nodded right away, also thanking her.

—---—
[Delaney Yinying POV]
  There, we got there, but not exactly the way that I had thought. Instead of going and knocking on the front door, the trio decided to climb over a tall fence to get there. I deadpanned at them.

  "We could've gone to the front door, you know? What do you think you'll receive by basically breaking into someone's backyard?" I asked, tilting my head to the side, not climbing after them. I heard someone fall onto their face. Probably Sokka.

  "Well, this way we can meet her in secret without others listening to every word," Aang said, like it was one of the best ideas he ever had.

  "Yeah! And there were two guards in front of the doors that looked ready to fight!" Sokka remarked. I pursed my lips, but only sat down, leaning my back against the fence.

  "You do you then. I'll be here when things go wrong," I mumbled, doubting anyone heard even if I did say it to them.

  Soon I heard the ground rumbling and a few yelps. Some two landed into bushes while someone else landed onto the ground. Again, probably Sokka.

  "What are you doing here, twinkle toes?" It was Blindy's voice. Faint, but recognizable.

  "How'd you know it was me?" Aang asked back, Sokka speaking to him.

  "Why do you answer to 'twinkle toes'? That's not manly," he complained, though Katara spoke right at him, seeming to sneakily be defending Aang.

  "Aren't you the one who's bag matches his belt?" She reminds, earning a huff from Sokka. Blindy hadn't seemed to care for whatever conversation they had just had.

  "How'd you find me," she asked, though it sounded a lot more like a demand rather than a question. Fair enough, those three did just break into her backyard.

  "Well, a crazy king told me to find an earthbending teacher who listens to the earth and waits to strike," he started explaining like it was no biggie.
  "Afterwards I had a vision at a magic swamp, then-"

  "What Aang is trying to say is that he's the Avatar and he needs to master earthbending in order to defeat the Fire Lord," Katara interrupted and explained in a bit of a more simple manner. Yeah, Aang's explanation had started to get a bit hard to believe.

  "Well, is that my problem? No, now get out of here or I'll call the guards," Blindy said with a slightly annoyed tone and a swish of a hand. Sokka continued.

  "We all have to do our part in this time of war, and yours is to teach Aang earthbending," he said, not really caring or thinking if he sounded rude or what not. I sighed slowly at that. A few silent seconds passed.

  "Guards! Guards help!" Blindy yelled in a bit of a honeyed tone. I heard footsteps running away, and so the three soon jumped over the fence and back to my side.