Chapter 1

It was a gorgeous afternoon; The weather wasn't hot enough to melt anyone, nor was it cold enough to freeze anything, the weather was just, to put it bluntly, perfect. Or so I had thought. Our hands had touched in the middle of the couch, the feeling awkward yet relaxing at the same time as we watched a movie on the
television. I diverted my attention from the movie to look into her eyes, just a little peek at them would be enough to satisfy my desire, not for romance in its purest form, but my desire for her. I quietly directed her attention to me, gazing into the eyes that held more secrets than the night sky, the eyes that were even clearer than the water of the beaches. Her eyes were like diamonds, beautiful as they brilliantly shined while still appearing rather hardened and focused. The light in the room was dim as we wanted to keep a generally romantic ambience. I continued gazing into her beautiful eyes, the crystals that held her secrets bottled up inside her, waiting to explode out of her full, perfect lips that were the floodgates. Her eyes began to tear up so I moved myself toward her to comfort her and to let her know that I am hers and she is mine. Her tears streamed from her eyes as silent sobs escaped her body, not being able to contain her emotions any longer. She grabbed my cheeks in her bare, open, warm hands as she made sure I was looking into her eyes when she said "We can't be together any more..." as she pulled my head to her chest, my ear to her heart, listening to her heart beating anxiously. The rate of which her tears left her eyes and fell onto my head quickened as I was in disbelief, for our relationship had been absolutely perfect for the short time that we were together. The only sounds in the room were her gently destructive sobs as I grabbed the remote and turned the movie volume down to zero. Without knowing, I had cried on her new top that we bought together when we went out the day before. I started sobbing, synchronizing with my lover, who had just claimed we couldn't be together. "Why not...?" I asked as tears flooded from my eyes onto her top, staining the cloth with my dripping mascara that she bought for me, but also giving meaning to the article of clothing. There was silence, the tears still flowing like the Nile River into the Mediterranean Sea as our sobs were synchronized in timing, duration, and volume, I wrapped my arms around her as we knew that it would be our last for at the least amount of time being a few years. I started hyperventilating as the only girl I had ever truly loved and cared about was going to be gone. She managed to assist me with kissing my cheek, slowing down my breath, taking me to a perfect world where we could be together forever. Her gentle words were forever ingrained into my damned head and my now broken heart, easing the pain but causing more at the same time as she said the words "I'll still love you..." leaving me broken, unable to do anything but cry as I listened to her steadying heartbeat until I had fallen asleep in her arms.