⋆ ˚。⋆୨୧˚🎬 One 🎬˚୨୧⋆。˚ ⋆

"What happened sir?",my assistant walked to me, out her car.

"Someone took away my car."

"They what-",she said trying to hold her laugh.

"Yeah. Laugh while you can. Laugh at your own life. Cause, YOU'RE FIRED!",I spoke in a rather rigid voice, throwing her purse out of the car, while I drove away to the company.

I'll make sure the girl who took my car away regrets her actions.

JANGMI'S POV:-

I jumped with Joy, ecstacy filled my veins, a fresh heartbeat leaving my heart and returning back.

I hope I get the Job.

But a thought crossed my mind.

I walked back to my house, where aunt and uncle was. I couldn't leave aunt alone for a long time while he was at home.

"Auntie! I'm home!", I said. She was nowhere to be seen. Just clothes, utensils and broken vases met my vision.

I was horrified.

A scream broke me out of the trance as I walked to the room from where it came from and the site I never wanted to see was in front of me, again.

Uncle, about to hit auntie with the rod he had in his hand asking only for the money she owned.

"Auntie!", I screamed hugging her, preventing Uncle from further hitting her.

"WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU? HUH? GET OUT THE WAY! I GOT TO TELL HER WHAT IT MEANS TO HIDE MONEY. FROM ME?", he said with a drunk voice.

"I won't. Walk away. This Isn't a place for your bullshit. Just because you finished your money gambling and drinking, it doesn't mean you will take away the money we have-"

"SHUT UP YOU WRENCH! WHO DO YOU THINK YOU ARE? YOU DON'T EVEN HAVE PARENTS TO CLING ONTO FOR MONEY, SO YOU'RE STICKING TO THIS AUNT OF YOURS FOR IT!?!?!"

"Don't speak a word. If you do. I'll call the police right now. At this very moment. And I'm not kidding.", I said. His expression changed as he smashed the rod on the wall and walked away from the room leaving me and her alone.

"Are you okay auntie?", I asked breaking away from the hug, bringing water for her to drink.

"Rosie!", she hugged me again, crying her eyes out.

"Auntie, why are you afraid of him? He means nothing to us. And you know that. Next time, just call the police? Okay? It's fine, I'm here. I even have a good news for you.", I say. Auntie's face changed from a scared one to a hopeful one.

"What is it?", she asked.

"I did great in the interview!!!", I said in an attempt to divert her mind.

"You Did? Are you sure you did?"

"Yes."

"My Rosieee! I'm so happy for you! You know you could have just joined the company Sunghoon works in. It would have been convenient for you.", she offered, wiping her tears.

"Nah. Not really. I wouldn't like to work in the same company as my boyfriend. People would think I used him to get the job."

"You know you're really stupid to think that, Right?"

"Of course. But you're even more stupid if you keep being afraid of him, aunt. It's us against him, and us against the world, remember?", I said as she nodded.

"I'll make sure I get this job. Then we'll be able to move out of here! Away from him, alright? I don't want you to worry, Aunt. You're all I have."

"You're just like your mother, Jangmi."

"Really?"

"Yeah."

"That's nice to know."

***

I returned to my room, and decided to video call Sunghoon. We had been dating since almost a year now and he was in London for the sake of a fashion show. Yes, he was a model.

I missed him a lot, but again I had to resist right?

The call was sent as rings to him were heard, replaced by his angelic voice. "Hi.", he said to me lying on the bed.

"Hey! Did you reach safely?"

"Of course, how many times are you going to ask me that?", he asked, looking at the right side of his room.

"What is it?", I asked, reluctant to talk about that anymore.

"Room Service!", he said reversing the camera to show me the food he had ordered.

"I wanna eat that tooo!!!!! That's so unfair!"

"Heyyy! No! You're not having that. Judging by the fact that I'm not there, you already look plump!", he said as I raised my eyebrows.

"Well, I didn't eat yet. It's just that the phone is too close to my face.", I replied

"No, that's not true Rose! You have been eating too much right? I have told you to not eat that much or you'll gain weight and look uglier.", he sternly said.

"So what you're saying is that I'm ugly?", I asked. He could see how pissed off I was.

"Well, I didn't say that. But that's what others might think.", he said as a part of my heart shattered. He always compares me with other girls, I wish I could tell him to be more like other guys too, but I just can't.

I'm too afraid I'll lose him.

"Um...okay. I really wanted to talk to you about something. Are you very busy right now?"

"You're going to talk rubbish about how much you love that Taylor snif or you're going to talk unnecessarily about food."

"Its Taylor Swift...and I have to talk about something else. I-"

"I told you already that I'm busy here! Can't you resolve it on your own?"

"Well...I, I thought it'd be a load off my head if I talked it through with you-"

"You know what, don't waste my time! Let's talk about it tomorrow!", he said and hung up while I looked at the black and blank screen. This was the usual. So what? I was used to this since...forever?

I wish he could act normally with me for once, but he treated me like trash and I accepted it all so gracefully. Pathetic, really.

I know was forgetting something, though.

***

Not Shine! Don't be shy, Comment and Vote!

Wasn't really ready for this, but it happened anyway. I posted my book. This is just the first chapter so kindly bear with me. Buttttt it's goonna get interesting soon. Trust me.

Also, a free meme: