006 ━ Fragrance, Teeth and Names ..

━━━━━━ ༻ 006 ༺ ━━━━━━
" Fragrance, Teeth and Names "

          BETWEEN TWO HILLS, the market which had entered Jackie's attention by a means she wished not disclose with Thomas, hid itself from the eye of casual travellers on the country roads. Experience told him that the merchants with stands in this improvised market were all running from lawful means of selling and if a cop was to stumble upon this place, none of them would have even a fake document to attest their right to be there, selling what they were selling. And their selling range was quite impressive, albeit restricted to arguably small trinkets per usual; color was surrounding them on a gentle walk through the stands.

Nevertheless, this illegally run market had clients of all sorts, not floking the lines between the stands, but neither leaving the place to a concerning desolation. A little further up the hill to the market's end, a single cabin — nothing but a little shed — attested that there had been chicken on sell too, at some point.

While Tommy's attention was drawn to staring into the distance, Jackie found it particularly easy to slip her arm from holding onto his. Before he could even protest the separation, a loud act of care that she doubted he would have ever allowed to pass even his most reasonable stoicism, she was well off at the stand to the right, trying on a hat from the many on sale. She looked at herself through the small round mirror the stand installed and only once she caught sight of Tommy's tie, a sign that he decided to follow her to her puzzling interest, she turned around.

"It looks exactly like yours," Jackie exaggerated her praise of the hat she was wearing, now eyeing the one on top of Tommy's head. Her joyous method of showing off the way that hat looked on her was a downright adorable pampering of her hands upon the dark auburn curls of hair tamed by a rigid comb into an illusion of much shorter hair. "Don't you agree?"

Spellbound between figuring out what Jackie's plan was when choosing to bring him along and trying to form a worthy answer that will not jeopardise a frankly good state for their business relationship for the sake of a twist in his heart to her casual beauty, Tommy failed to reply with more than just an indistinguishable hum. To his surprise however, Jackie only shrugged, putting the hat back on the merchant's stand and promptly moving on to the next one, across the path and a little further down.

She found herself rather busy smelling the fragrances of the perfumes sold there, applying a little of their oily consistency on different parts of wrist and hand — she had unbuttoned her left sleeve and pulled her up above her elbow for the sake of inspecting the perfumes. But even drowning herself in dreams of scent enjoyed only with her eyes closed, she felt when Thomas approached behind her and met him with the offer of holding out her wrist for him.

"Do you like this one?" She had to employ every strand of self control within herself not to look away from the colorful bottles on the stand beneath her eyes just to feed her desire of watching Thomas Shelby draw himself nearer to such a sensitive patch of her skin. Much to her despair, though he did not touch her in any way whatsoever, feeling his breath on her wrist faltered her heart in ways she did not expect to be possible.

Inhaling generously from the fragrance, he was welcomed by a sweet and delicate scent, reassembling a spring bouquet, like those young lads stole from the richest porches. "It's alright," Tommy approved. "Do you want it?"

Jackie concealed the sudden dryness of her lips behind a cordial smile she backed up with lowering her hand and turning towards the merchant. "How much for this perfume bottle, good sir?"

"Two pounds, m'lady."

Whilst opening her own purse, Jackie noticed, from the corner of her eyes, Thomas pocketing himself as well. She hurried as discreetly as possible, without losing neither her mind, nor her act's composure, to give the merchant a single paper bill.