❛𝐔𝐏 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐀𝐁𝐎𝐔𝐓❜

⋆˚✿˖° ⋆˚✿˖° ⋆˚✿˖°⋆˚✿˖° ⋆˚✿˖° ⋆˚✿˖°⋆

3rd Person POV

Hye Jin sat beside Rang and waited for him to wake up after giving him the ground cherries.

She made Soo Oh stay in his room and told him to not come outside unless when she says so.

While she was lost in her thoughts, Rang took a sharp breath as soon as he got his consciousness. He sat up breathing heavily while Hye Jin held his shoulder to support his body.

"Yoo Ri? Where's Yoo Ri?" he asked still trying to get his breathing in order.

"The imoogi took her in exchange for your life." Hye Jin revealed.

He looked at her with wide eyes, assuming the worse but Hye Jin squeezed his shoulder in assurance.

"Yoo Ri's alive. The Imoogi took her to be his chauffeur after getting rid of Hae Ryong." she explained further.

"Why did he get rid of him?"

"He was not loyal and also he wants to use him for something else." Hye Jin said with a frown.

When Rang looked confused she elaborated. "A plague. He's going to start a plague and it starts with Hae Ryong."

"Bloody hell.." he muttered.

⋆˚✿˖° ⋆˚✿˖° ⋆˚✿˖°⋆

"You feeling okay?" Hye Jin asked Rang after he freshened up and was now getting ready.

"That's the seventh time you asked in the span of twenty minutes." he said turning his body towards Hye Jin. "I'm fine."

"Are really sure-" Hye Jin stopped speaking when she saw the look he gave her as he walked towards her.

She couldn't help but take a step back when he was standing close to her. Noticing it Rang frowed and stepped forward which prompted the girl to take a step back. Rolling his eyes, he stepped forward again and when Hye Jin moved back again she was pulled forward by Rang by her arm.

"What's wrong with you?" Rang asked, keeping his hold on her arm firm but careful not to hurt her. "And don't say it's nothing." he quickly said when he saw the woman open her mouth.

Rang patiently waited for her to speak. After a long pause, Hye Jin hesitantly spoke.

"Aren't you going to question me? Feel a tad bit angry or hurt?"

At first Rang didn't understand but the used bandages in the bin reminded him. "Why should I be?"

Hye Jin looked up at him in surprise. "What do you mean?"

"You didn't do it intentionally Hye Jin. It wasn't your fault. Stop blaming yourself."

"But I know the events like the back of my hand but I don't understand how I forget the most important ones." Hye Jin said in distress.

"Hye Jin, you can't stop what's destined to happen. You already know what right? You saw things that happened here which didn't happen in that show." he told her as he cupped her face with his hands.

Hye Jin stared into Rang's eyes confused and shocked those words left his mouth given that he doesn't believe in all that, at least the one she knew from the TV screen.

Seeing her confusion, Rang smiled a little, "What? I don't say those kind of things in that show?"

"No, you don't. But you also don't have me in it." Hye Jin said with a shrug.

"Really? What did I do if I didn't have you?"

"Whatever you do on the daily bases minus some things." Hye Jin said.

"Hmm boring."

Hye Jin rolled her eyes while her smile widened. Rang smiled relieved seeing her smiling.

"Mister!" Soo Oh ran to Rang and hugged his waist causing Rang to pull away from Hye Jin. "You woke up!"

"Yeah yeah." Rang said pulling Soo Oh's arms off his waist.

"Mister, I have a question."

"What is it?" Rang asked with a sigh.

"Are you a nine-tailed fox or a Spider-Man?" he asked, genuinely curious.

⋆˚✿˖° ⋆˚✿˖° ⋆˚✿˖°⋆˚✿˖° ⋆˚✿˖° ⋆˚✿˖°⋆

AUTHORS NOTE!

Soo Oh, baby, when mom and dad are together, you shouldn't disturb them, okay sweetie? 😃

Also, don't get a attack when you suddenly find the whole story published 😁
I'm currently finishing up the endings so the story is wrapping up in a day or two.
I'll cry 😭

Posted: August 18, 2023
Edited: X
Words: 718