"Okay. Just making sure my princesa has food in her stomach."

Diego was the best parent anyone could ask for. He always supported Kathleen in everything and the eating disorder she developed made him realize that she needed him more than ever. He made a promise to himself, to always be by her side no matter what.

•*•*•*•

Next day at school Kathleen walked up to Miguel and Demetri greeted them both putting her arms around them both.

"Hey nerds. How was your first day of karate practice Demetri?" Kathleen asked the boy to her right.

"Hey you got my name right." He was happy she finally said his name right but Kathleen just rolled her eyes letting go of him and moving to Miguel's left side. "And it was horrible I quit."

"Yeah, but you can't quit." Miguel told the boy.

"I got yelled at, got my ass kicked, and then gave him my money." Kathleen was confused on what Demetri was saying. Who beat the shit out of him, and took his money? "You know who lives like that?"

"Hookers." Both Demetri and Kathleen said. "Thank you." He reached over and tried to high five her but she looked disgusted so he quickly put his hand down.

"Yeah, but he's not that bad of a guy. You gotta give him a chance. You don't know him like I do." Miguel ushered to the boy.

All Demetri did was scoff at him and responded back. "That... that's hooker talk. Besides, I don't need to learn karate when I have you." He looked over at Kyler who walked down the stairs turning their direction till he turned the other way. "See? No one's gonna mess with you."

"Whatever. Hey Kat are you walking with us?" Miguel asked the girl beside him who didn't really talk.

"Uh, I have to go see Counselor Blatt. They switched my classes so I have to go get my new schedule. But I'll uh see you later." Kathleen waved at them and walked away.

•*•*•*•

"Dude you make it so obvious. Just tell her you like her already." Demetri told Miguel once they reached their anatomy class sitting together.

"You don't think I want to? She just makes me nervous and I barely see her. We don't really have classes together."

Demetri bumped his shoulder with Miguel's pointing to the class door. Kathleen walked in looking down at her schedule.

"Hey, everyone. Who let the pigs out? I did, because I ordered the fetal pigs." All the students softly chucked. "But seriously, get in your groups."

The teacher turned to Kathleen and introduced himself and the class he taught. He wasn't expecting to have a new student transfer to his class but was happy it was Kathleen. All the teachers knew her as the popular smart girl, everyone thought she was just rich, mean, and dumb but she was the opposite of it. Her parents were also very important in the community so they have respect for her and her family.

"We also have a new student, Kathleen. Who wants to take her in?" Mr. Palmer asked the class.

Miguel raised his hand. "We'll take her." He told him and turned to smile at the girl.

Kathleen grabbed her paper back from the teacher and walked towards the table. She accidentally bumped Demetri's shoulder making her look at it.

"Thank you. I'm gonna go grab a chair." Kathleen told Miguel.

"Yeah. No problem." He was a little nervous at the moment. While Demetri sniffed his shoulder exhaling deeply. No one knew but he did the same thing earlier after Kathleen walked away from them. He tried to sniff her scent while she was walking away.