02

༺♡༻

— "Where are Susannah, Laurel and Steven?" I asked.

"Well Susannah and Laurel went to go get some coffee from Starbucks, I don't know where Steven is though" Belly awnsered my question.

"Oh yeah Steven went to the corner store to get some of Jules' favourite snacks" Jeremiah announced.

"He is?" I interrogated.

"Jules he is like obsessed with you" Conrad confessed.
"Conrad shut up-" Belly brushed aggressively against his shoulder.
"What I mean he is telling the truth..." Jeremiah commented.

  —

I actually couldn't believe what I was hearing.
Steven Conklin is obsessed with me?

I would be happy but there's just one issue.
I've been losing feelings for him lately. Maybe it's because I haven't seen him in a while or maybe it's because I gave up liking him.

I haven't liked a guy after Steven which is really confusing to me. At school I find some guys pretty but just not pretty enough for me to like them. It's probably just a phase I'm going through because I have a hatred for men.

"We're home!" Laurel and Susannah open the front door and close it right after.

I hurry down the stairs barefoot and run towards them to give them a hug.

"Oh my god Jules you've become so tall and pretty!" Susannah compliments me.

"How are you, honey? Are your parents doing okay? Everything good with school and at home?" Laurel asks me.

"Yeah everything's great!" I smile. "Where's Steven?"

"Steven is here!" Steven yells. He came home through the backyard. Typical.

"STEVEN!! Hi!!!" I run up to him and hug him tightly. He lifts me up into the air and spins me around.
Once he lets me down I look at him deep in the eyes to catch feelings.

I couldn't.

I don't know why I couldn't. I mean I usually did. Steven Conklin finally likes me back and I can't like him back now and I don't know what reason that is. I've been waiting for him to like me back so many years and now that he does I suddenly can't because I haven't felt any attraction to any men for over 1 year?!? Pathetic feeling.

"I think today would be an amazing day for a family dinner!" Susannah requested.
All of us agreed.

The moment she said that her and Laurel immediately went to the kitchen and started cooking for tonight.

| at the family dinner

I had some casual clothes on. Nothing too special just a black dress. I wore a little bit of makeup too.

"You look really pretty tonight, Jules" Steven smiled at me.
"Thank you, Steven" I smile back. That was actually really nice of him, but still not enough for me to like him romantically.