So no England then, got it. Maybe I should just go by myself but I'm still scared of what I'll find there, how people will react and think of me, is everyone still afraid and angry at me?

But I can't just ignore Draco's letter, I have to let him know somehow I'm alright and that I forgive him. I'll find a way to send him a letter.

Feeling bad at the way Tony had snapped at me and at myself for not being brave enough to go back by myself I decided to go to the library, so maybe reading for a bit would help to clear my mind.

_

That encounter with Tony had been some weeks ago, and I can't really say things had gotten better or worse, because we never really talked much.

I was just calmly enjoying my day on my own, and before I even realized it was already dark outside and I was still in the library reading, though by the time I got up I'd already finished the variety of books that I'd selected for today.

When I went to the kitchen I found Pepper was there too, eating noodles out of a take out box.

"Hey." I said, and she looked up at me from her phone.

"Oh hi! Are you hungry? I got you some fried rice."

I sat down and took the chinese food box she offered me.

"So is Tony coming up for dinner tonight or...?" I asked, she gave me a sympathetic look before she answered.

"Sorry honey, he took down his food to the lab."

"Oh." I didn't know what else to say.

"Sorry, I know you probably expected something very different when you got here." She gave me a small sympathetic smile.

"To be honest I'm not really sure what I expected by coming here actually." When she gave me a worried look I tried to laugh a bit so she wouldn't take it the wrong way. "I just mean, I thought he'd be more present is all. But I'm used to this kind of dynamic I guess, my adoptive parents weren't really present a lot of the time so I'm used to be pretty independent."

Yeah they weren't present except for when it came to making sure I was training to become deathly and knew everything there was to learn about dark magic and all that kind of good stuff. At least Tony doesn't torture me, so I guess it is an improvement.

"I'll talk to him Aillie, I'm sure he can spend some more time with you, and it would do him good to see the light of day every once in a while." She laughed and I did too.

After that neither of us really said anything else. When I'd finished eating I excused myself and went back to my room, where I took a piece of paper and a pen.

After about ten minutes I looked proudly at my little drawing. In one side of the paper I'd drawn Draco's constellation, and in the other I'd drawn my own. Then I realized something.

"Jarvis, what's today's date?" I asked out loud.

"It is currently June fifth." I couldn't believe it. This is the first time ever we hadn't celebrated his birthday together. I turned back to the paper in front of me.

"Hope you had a happy birthday, wish I'd been there.
-Phoenix." I wrote at the end of the page. I sighed as I put down the pen.

I folded up the page, and put it inside an envelope I'd made. Now I just have to find a way to send it to him.

__________

The next days blurred into weeks, and by now it was the start of July. It had been more than two months of being here.