39

Kanzari dressed herself in a red beach dress. It wasn't an elegant prom type dress, but it wasn't a dress you would put over your swimsuit either. It was casual, but Kanzari thought it complimented her skin tone pretty well.

They were all going to eat somewhere by the beach side. Even though it was a local spot, it didn't have a lot of activities in front and was more of a chill place to spend the sunset at. 

Ran was wearing casual clothes, but his shirt was fitted and Kanzari felt her heart ache whenever she looked at him.

They were walking along the beach, the sand and water glistening by the moonlight. Kanzari was walking alone, admiring the nature, as Ran started to walk closer and closer to her, until he was right beside her. Kanzari felt his prescence next to her, and it made her melt, but she was still walking confidently.

"I'm sorry... I know you handle yourself very well but... I still want to do as much as I can to keep you safe. Masahiro... he has malicious intentions and it's obvious, but you can't seem to see that" Ran was kind of poking her shoulder hand while talking, and he looked really worried. Kanzari only had one thing in her mind: he was really cute. She couldn't tell him that though, so she just scoffed. She knew she couldn't stay mad at him though, and her facial expression softened since she melted at his cute facial expression.

"Ran... I know what I'm doing, please stop interfering. You're not special or whatever to grant you authority to do this shit. I won't get in trouble, I promise" Kanzari smiled at Ran, who pouted at her.

"But you're special to me" he mumbled, and Kanzari's heart exploded in to a million pieces.

"If I was so special, let me make my own decisions. You're not my boyfriend or something..." Kanzari spurted out, without really thinking. This made her gasp at herself and put her hands on her mouth.

Ran's eyes widened, but he just sighed and nodded, still with a pout on his face. Kanzari was looking at him in awe, but she just brushed it off as the group kept walking through the moonlit beach.

They got to the restaurant and it didn't have as much people, so they got sat down at a table immediately. It was a mediterranean restaurant, and it was quite pretty. Everyone ordered their food, and waited while talking.

"The people earlier were so nice! That girl, Aika, she's interested in Ran" Yuji slapped Ran's shoulder across the table, who just held it and pouted his lips. "Finally this awkward kid had someone to think he's hot, you like her?".

Kanzari was on her phone, pretending to ignore the conversation beside her. Jumiya was casting her glances, concerned for what she thought.

"I mean she's pretty?" he said, which led Kanzari to grip her own thighs hard. "But I just met her... I'd have to wait to get to know her first". 

Kanzari's eyes widened, but she took a deep breath and shrugged it off. At this point, Jumiya was extremely concerned she would do something irrational, so she decided to speak up.

"How about you, Kanzari? That Masahiro guy is actually quite handsome, and you two hit it off pretty well" Jumiya put her hand on Kanzari's knee, and nodded at her.