☁️Comfort - Shuichi X M!Reader☁️

As the sun set, stars began glowing in front of the soon-to-be dark sky. You were peacefully preparing to make dinner for you and your boyfriend, since he wasn't home yet and would surely be very hungry when he did get home.

You, however, might have been a bit wrong about Shuichi being hungry. You heard the front door open, right as you were going to turn the stove on. When you looked back through the kitchen door and to the front door, he didn't look like he was in the best mood,"Are you okay Shuichi?" You asked. Shuichi closed the door behind him,"I'm just tired Y/N, don't worry about me.." How could you not worry about him?

You sighed and went over to him, sitting on the stairs in front of the front door,"Shuichi, what happened?" You asked. He weakly smiled,"Nothing, it's fine." You pouted, reaching up and taking his hat off his head,"Well you're usually pretty sad when you come home but you seem very out of it right now.." You said, putting his hat to the side. Shuichi didn't reply,"Shu you know you can always tell me if something's wrong.." You smiled.

Shuichi looked away,"It's just...... We can talk about it later.. I'll help make dinner, come on." He suggested, being cut off by you standing up and dragging him to the living room,"Y/N W-wait!-" Before he could say anything you almost threw him onto the couch, covering him with a blanket,"Confession time. Why are you so down in the dumps?" You said.

A small while passed by, Shuichi describing basically the same thing that happened with his first case. It was similar, it was understandable why it would bother your boyfriend so much. You didn't want to sound insensitive when you talked, however,"Shuichi.. I thought Kaito, Kaede and I taught you to try not to let things like that bother you anymore.." You said, holding his hand.

He had a signiture saddened look on his face,"Sorry Y/N.. I just couldn't this time.." He apologised. You smiled,"It's alright Shuichi.." You said whilst standing up from the couch,"Just take a rest here okay? I'll make dinner." Shuichi nodded and watched you walk away to the kitchen.

The sun set, immediately after you both finished your meal. The open blinds laid a path to look at the beautiful stars looming above the house, which were shimmering above the navy blue sky.

"Are you feeling any better, Shuichi?" You asked, as you watched him finish eating his meal,"Only slightly.." He said in a quiet voice. You took his and your plate and put them in the sink, hastily making your way back to your boyfriend,"Are you going to be okay sleeping tonight..?" You asked and held his hand,"Yeah, I think so.." He replied.

".. I'm really happy your confidence is growing, but you need to remember you can't let stuff like this bring you down.." You said as you both walked up the stairs to your room,"I know... I'll probably bring it up to Kaito or Kaede tomorrow.." Shuichi said. You nodded.

Finally you both laid in bed, arms wrapped around eachother. You squeezed him a bit tighter as you rested your head near his shoulder,"Goodnight Shuichi.." You mumbled,"Goodnight Y/N.." Shuichi replied.

You both drifted off to sleep, hoping tomorrow can be a better day.