I'm Just Chris.

It didn't seem to matter what he did. No matter how much he gelled his perfect hair or how many one liners he dropped, he was never Chef Hatchett's #1 man.

He had feelings he couldn't explain. Sure, on camera, he was an amazing host and fun personality, but once those cameras were off, he felt like a shell of a man. The only time he felt "normal" was when he was around Chef. It's like he was only made to be his companion. For years, he'd been the nicest he could be to Chef, but every night, without fail, he would sleep alone in his bed.

No matter what he did, no matter what his legacy would be, at the end of the day, he was just Chris. Had he been given any other life, he for sure would've felt like a 10/10 at all times. He was sure that wherever he saw love, Chef only saw a friend. What would it take for Chef to see the man behind the beautiful skin of Chris McLean and fall for him?

All Chris wanted to know was what it was like to feel love that wasn't unrequited. He was beginning to think his hotness was waning from his down he was feeling. Anytime he had a moment to tell Chef how he felt, he'd wake up from a beautiful dream. He hated how much of a dreamer he had become.

Anytime he felt like they were on the same wavelength, Chef would always say something to throw him off. "You're my best friend," or "I'm glad I have someone like you in my life. You're like the brother I never had," haunted him daily. It seemed like they never shared the same energy.

No matter how hard he tried, he never felt like he was going to be enough without Chef by his side. He was just Chris, after all. Nothing more, nothing less.