Chapter 1: Playtime

12:45pm
Loona & Kira's Home:

Moxie dropped in unannounced, Loona had stepped out with Milly to get some things only ladies need and left Kira napping on the king sized bed upstairs in the master bedroom. When Moxie stepped through the portal, he found himself in the living room staring up at the most massive screened tv in all of existence. He had never once seen one but knew they had to exist somewhere. He brought with him a new game copy and a full dive gear set-up for testing purposes. He looked about to find no one in the room with him, thus he called out. "Hello!, anyone home?"

"Nmmmm~" Kira groaned as he slowly awoke from his nap. He slowly sat up and looked around the room, then heard a voice call out.

"Hello!" Moxie calls again. "Anyone home? It's Moxie." He said as he looked about the living room. Shortly after, he called out again. "Anyone here?"

"U-upstairs~" Kira said softly, Moxie picks up on the tone and without a thought, dashes up to the master bedroom and looks in. Sitting on the bed, wearing one of the cute outfits Loona picked out for him months ago was Kira. "H-hi Mr. Moxie sir." Kira said softly as he rubbed his eyes a bit. "S-sorry, I was napping, lady Loona and M-miss Milly left a little while ago." His voice was a little shaky. He slowly pulled a pair of Loona's socks on then grabbed a hoodie she got for him, on and he slowly moved to the edge of the bed as Moxie stepped into the room farther.

Kira slowly lifted his gaze, Moxie noticed that his eyes had been glazed and hazy. "Seems you're still half asleep and need a wake up call." Moxie hands Kira a glass of tea and pats his head softly.

"I'll text Milly to have her let Loona know I'm here with you and that I'll make sure you don't get hurt or upset by anything. I did bring another game with me, wanna try it out?" His voice was soft, yet full of excitement and Kira slowly nodded. He then got off the bed holding the glass in both hands to keep from dropping it. "Ok, I will set up the dive system so you can go in vr on the game, it makes this game even more exciting to play, I signed it to be a VR game anyway." Moxie said with a smirk. "Oh and you can create your specific type of character to play as. Wanna set it up in the living room or the gaming room Loona let me set up in the guest room?" Moxie asked swiftly.

"The guest bedroom...Loona doesn't wanna break the huge TV in the living room it cost too much..." Kira said softly as his tail and ears twitched in sync.

"Good idea, less death for me, more fun with vr for us. I'll set everything up, you get cozy with that tea and a pillow." Moxie replied softly as he walked to the guest bedroom to set up his system and vr gaming gear. Shortly after that, Kira walked in holding a big cute plushie pillow that looked like Loona but was blue.

"W-will this do?" Kira asked shyly.

"Yea man, that's perfect for you. Loona get it for you?" Moxie asked softly. Kira nodded in response.

"She won it for me at the fair last month, and said next year we would invite everyone of the old I.M.P. crew... but then said not Blitzo cause he would cheat to win every time..." Kira said lightly.

"Yea that's the old boss for ya, say did Loona show you the gift he got her? A wolf plushie that looked like her, but pink." Moxie responded calmly. "If not I'm sure she will soon."

"Nu, but she did tell me she wanted to get me a special gift for my birthday next week..." Kira said softly

"Oh, that's gonna be a great gift then. I'll get you something too. What would make you happy gift wise?" Moxie asked tenderly.

"Sweets or something close to them." Kira said quickly then shied away into his plushie body pillow of Loona.

"I see, ok I'll see what I can do. Also, consider this VR system an early birthday gift too, I'm sure you'll love it, and so will Loona." Moxie said sweetly. "Oh, and be sure to save every 10 minutes so you don't lose your progress if it crashes, the system is in the testing phase and may still have bugs, but this prototype is my best work so far."

"O-ok, thank you uncle Moxie..." Kira said as he gently hugged Moxie who was just a bit bigger than himself. "Also, th-thank you for coming...it's l-lonely without Loona here..."

"No problem pal, I'm always happy to stop in, do you have the cell phone I left here last time?" Moxie asked softly.

"Yea, and Loona put her number in, and Milly's, and Milly put your number in for me..." Kira said softly and slowly.

"Good, then text any of us if you feel lonely and we'll show up. Just don't ask anyone to stay overnight unless Loona is gonna be on a job for her father for more than a day, ok?" Moxie said softly. Kira nodded in agreement then they both got into the VR game Moxie brought with him.

While playing the vr game, Moxie showed Kira all the ins and outs of the game and all it's secrets within the time it took for Loona and Milly to return from the store to find the two of them and Loona noticed that Kira had fallen asleep while in the vr headset, Moxie had laid the nekomata's head in his lap.

"Mox, did you show Kira your company's new system? That's so sweet of you baby, Loona look, they can get along~ ain't that just darlin?" Milly asked in a high pitched voice. Her excitement woke and startled Kira and he started to cry, only to be scooped up and craddled by Loona in an instant.

"Shhhh, you're ok, that was just Milly hunny, nothing to be scared about." Loona said soothingly. Her tone was soft and soothing and within moments, Kira calmed and slowly quieted down. "Milly dear, be careful with your excitement around Kira, he's still jumpy after the fireworks last month at the fair." Loona said softly.

"Sorry, my bad." Milly said softly. Moxie stood up and smiled, then spoke softly.

"Ya I showed him the vr world of my company's new game, and the system that will replace all game platforms in the near future if it works well. He enjoyed the game quite well and wanted to see more, but then got sleepy while I explained to him the fundamentals of vr and its wonders." Moxie said softly.

"Ooooo sounds like you put him to sleep with your explaining baby~" Milly said softly. She then giggled as she looked up and saw Loona being kissed by Kira and she then smiled. "Looks like our cute couple tied the knot at that fair and made themselves a full couple~" Milly said happily to Moxie.