Welcome to Camp Hogwarts!

Lysander looked around the camp. Here he was, in New York! He never really thought he'd come here. When the opportunity to go to summer camp here came up, he took it.

There were many people here for sure and he was very excited to make new friends. There were going to be many adventurous things to do. Maybe he could find some new creatures. But first, he had to go get his duffel bag. Before that he put on his Spectrespecs and took another look around, giggling slightly at the Wrackspurts he saw.

Lysander walked over to the medium sized pile of the bags. He scanned it and found his own. He reached out to the yellow one and grabbed the straps but before he could pull it out, many more bags were thrown onto his bag. Lysander pushed the specs up onto his head and sighed. "Now the question is, how will I get this out?" He groaned and tried to pull the thing out but to no avail.

"You must be new." A voice behind him said. Lysander looked over to see a boy with blue hair. "How could you tell?" He asked. "You don't know how to get your bag out before everyone bombardes the pile." He responded. "Can you help? Mines the big yellow one." Lysander said, pointing at the bag that was now barely peeking out. The bluenette nodded and together they tried to pull it out. Even the combined strengths of the boys were no match for the heavy weight of the bags.

Meanwhile, another boy, a brunette, walked over and easily pulled his bag out. Both boys looked on in shock. "Hey you! Strong guy!" The bluenette yelled. The tan boy turned around. "Hey, can you give me a hand with my duffel? It's the yellow one." The blonde boy said. "Sure." He responded, easily grabbing it and pulling it out. He handed it to Lysander.

The guy looked at his bag and the dangling tag attached to the straps. The tag read California. "Woah, you're from California?!" He asked. "Do you live in Hollywood?" The other boy asked excitedly. "Do you live next to someone famous?" "Woah, I've never even been to Hollywood! I live in Northern Cali." Lysander exclaimed, overwhelmed by the bombarding questions.

Their conversation was interrupted by Counsellor Dumbledore yelling out "Lysander Lovegood!" The blonde looked over. "Here!" He yelled back. The man responded with "Gryffindor!"
The tan boy smiled "Ah cool! I'm in that too!" He said, the bluenette nodded in agreement. "C'mon guys." Lysander said, as they started to walk towards the main cabin.

"So what's your guy's names?" The blonde asked. "James Potter." The taller of the two boys responded. "Teddy Lupin." The other said.

They continued walking, chatting about their homes and what they plan on doing this summer. While doing so, a car drove up behind them. When they didn't move away, it honked a few times.

The boys quickly moved out of the way as James glared at the driver. "Merlin, who's in that car?" He said. Lysander and Teddy laughed and continued to follow him as they walked off and away from the car.

The passenger side door to the car opened and Ron stepped out and began adjusting his tie and suit jacket. Once he decided that it was good enough, he opened the back door. Two feet clad in black dress shoes stepped out.

Out came Lorcan Longbottom, holding his bags with a look of pure wonder on his face.
This place was quite different from his home in London. He took a deep breath of fresh air and sighed, happy to finally be out of the car.

Ron closed the door and smiled at the boy. "Well... here we are Lorcan, camp Hogwarts for boys. Quite different from London."
The blonde boy was partially distracted by the view but did manage to catch what Ron said. "It's rather picturesque, don't you think?" He replied.
A bee flew around Ron's head and the redhead began swatting at it wildly. "Not exactly the word I'd use!" He yelped as the insect flew a bit too close to his face. Lorcan giggled and continued to admire the camp.

The blonde heard a click and turned around. His butler had sat down his bags and pulled out a small notebook and a pen. "Alright, shall we review your fathers list?" He asked, eyes scanning the paper. Lorcan nodded and waited for Ron to start reading it out loud.

"Now let's see... vitamins?"
"Check"
"Minerals?"
"Check"
"List of daily fruits and vegetables?"
"Check check"

Ron looked up, a puzzling look on his face. Lorcan giggled and began to explain himself, "Check for fruit, check for vegetables. Go on!"

"Sunblock, lip balm, insect repellent, stationary, stamps, photographs of your father, grandma, and of course your trusty butler, me!" Ron finished off, a smile on his face.

Lorcan smiled back and nodded. "Got it all, I think."
The blonde boy was about to turn around but Ron spoke up again. "Oh and your grandmother has a gift for you." The ginger man reached into his suit pocket and pulled out a brand new deck of cards. "A deck of cards! Maybe you will find at least one person on this continent who can actually beat you at poker."

Lorcan shook his head, as no one he knew in England could beat him. He was sure no one here could. "I doubt it but thank you, and thank you for bringing me here!"

Ron's lip wobbled a bit as it seemed the man was about to cry. Before he could, he reached out and pulled the boy into a hug. The man sniffled a bit but quickly pulled himself together. "Okay don't forget, if you change your mind and want to leave, I'm just a phone call away." Lorcan smiled, "I don't think I will but thank you. Now, I'll see you in 8 weeks Ronny ol' pal!" "Missing you already, king of my heart."

The pair hugged again as Ron then pulled away and told him to have fun. It was gonna hurt to see him go but Lorcan knew he'd seen him again. "Toodaloo!" He shouted, waving. The ginger man waved back and got back in the car.