"I... uh—yes. Yes, it was her." There goes the stuttering.

"You stuttered there a bit answering my question." He chuckles. "Are you sure it was your mother? You don't have to fake a lie, Sally."

"No, no, no. I'm sure it was." I shake my head, but I meant to nod it.

"Salina, is there something you want to tell me?" His voice gets more serious than ever. This is bad. "What is the real reason why you can't come to dinner tonight?"

"May we continue this another time?" I let out at annoyed sigh.

"Don't make any excuses right now, young lady. Tell me the truth." His eyes darken quick.

"I have dinner with a friend." I reveal, but not just any friend or a friend. It's with Lewis and I'm not ready for him to find that out yet. My eyes meet with his and he's asking for more. "Not just a friend... a guy that I'm currently seeing."

His eyelids soften, finally receiving an answer he must've not expected. "What's his name?"

"I—I don't feel comfortable telling you and Mom yet. I have to see if whatever the two of us have is real and if it's going to last. Otherwise, it'll probably just end quickly like the other times I've tried to date." I tighten my fists, trying to fight the stuttering.

"Salina, you know this didn't end well the last time. I know I can't control your life, but you need to focus on your work for now. This'll just distract you." My father shakes his head.

"I can manage work and my personal life, Dad." I sit up.

"I'm sure you can, but I can't risk you getting hurt again. The team can't afford to make any more mistakes if you let your personal life interfere with your work life if something goes on with this man of yours." He says.

"I know that. But I can deal with it, I always do. And you know that." I draw my eyebrows together.

"Watch your tone, Salina." He thins his lips.

"I'm not a teenager anymore, Dad. I can take care of myself and deal with my own problems without any help. I've done it before and I'm sure I'll be happy to do it again if something does happen which it never will. Haven't you noticed? I've never been this happy in my life in such a long time." My voice raises a little.

"Happy because of this mysterious guy you're seeing?" He scoffs.

"Yes, Dad. It is because of him. And I was going to plan on telling you and mom about him, but I changed my mind since you seem to not accept the fact that I've finally fallen in love for the first time since—since..." I'm breathing heavily, pausing. "Look, I love working with you guys and the team. I've never been so fortunate to have this opportunity, but you have to let me live my life outside of work."

"That's enough!" He yells. "He's going to make the same mistake just as Raphael did. I don't ever want you to go through that again. And I know you don't either, it's best if you end things with that guy and focus on your work for now."

"I can't believe you right now." My mouth drops. "You're serious about this? You're just going to tell me what to do about my life? My life."

"Yes, as your father. I want what's best for you and doing that is what's best. I don't want to hear anymore about this. It's all nonsense, I want you back to work because the teams at stake right now." He stands up, leaving my office.

I'm left in my office alone. My eyes stare blankly at the white wall in front of me as tears build up in my eyes. It's best if you end things with that guy and focus on your work for now. This repeats in my head multiple times. Ending things with Lewis. I can't imagine doing that. After what we've both went through, it'll break both of us. I can't do that. I won't do that.