grayson hawthorne

love rock

★.~'•'~.★

pairing - grayson hawthorne x fem!reader.

summary - sweet nothings with grayson are y/n's favorite thing. but an evening at the beach isn't a nothing it's a something, just like every small, sweet moment with him.

warnings - none, just pure fluff and love.

★.~'•'~.★

"you okay?"

y/n's gaze from the old woman with her dog drifted to grayson. she gave him a small smile, "yeah, it's just a nice evening."

the boy kissed her on the temple, while she squeezed his hand, "it would be for the lady too, if you would stop staring at her like a creeper,'' he murmured against her skin.

grayson pulled back and gave her a smirk, which made y/n's heart skip a beat, "shut up," she slightly pushed him with a smile on her face.

the couple continued to walk along the beach, enjoying the peace that surrounded them. these moments with grayson were rare - mysteries, work, enemies - the hawthorne life making it difficult to find the light in the darkness. but she was his and he was her's and they made it work, even if sometimes it was hard.

the salty air. the slight breeze of the wind. the water that hugged their feet every once in a while, was comforting. it felt like home. to be honest anywhere where the blonde hair boy was felt like home to her. his smile. his warmth. his love. he made her feel at ease.

they arrived at their destination. the perfect spot to watch the sunset. grayson went to the rocks to take a seat, while y/n looked at some beautiful rocks near the water. a habit from childhood that had still stuck with her.

"GRAY," the girl shouted as she pulled something from the water, "OMG, LOOK," she looked at him as she raised the heart-shaped rock, but she immediately lowered her head down and covered it with her hand, when she saw her boyfriend with his camera, facing her. y/n walked towards him, "grayson," she groaned.

the girl heard him chuckle, as she sat beside him, "not funny."

"couldn't help it, you looked beautiful."

"mhm," the boy always had a way with words. and the girl was always affected by them.

grayson smiled, "mhm," he took her hand, "now what did you find," his smile became bigger as he saw the object, "a rock?"

"don't say it like it's stupid or something," she looked at him, "it's heart-shaped and really pretty."

the boy looked at her.

"what?"

"nothing," he kissed her jaw, before turning his camera on, "just wait," he lifted the camera above her hand with the rock and took a picture, "i still prefer taking pictures of you."

y/n rolled her eyes, and grabbed the camera. she turned it around and leaned closer to grayson, kissing him on the cheek, as she took a picture.

the girl turned it back around and pressed to view the photo. the sunset's light made it shine, but grayson's smile was the thing that made it magical. she looked at some more pictures, that he had captured - the rock, her in the water, trying to find something, and a photo of her sleeping, that she didn't know of.

"that's my favorite," she heard him say.

"then you have really bad taste," the photo was bad. more like the girl sleeping. the picture was taken in the morning, after a tired evening. even though, as she recalls the sleep was really good, the appearance of her looked scary.

grayson took the camera from her and settled it down on a rock beside him, "well i would have to disagree on you with that, princess," his arm found its way around her waist and pulled her closer, "and i can assure you that i am rarely wrong."

she rested her head on his shoulder, as she fidgeted with the rock in her lap, "this is the time you're completely wrong."

"this is the time when i am completely right."

"you are absolutely impossible."

"and my love for you is absolutely eternal."

a big smile appeared on her face, as her stomach filled with butterflies. grayson hawthorne was her big happiness. her future. the love of her life, even though how cliche it sounds, but it's true.

"i love you," y/n pressed a kiss to his cheek, before resting her head back on his shoulder, facing the ocean and the sun that was going to rest.

"and i love you," she felt him place a kiss on her forehead.

★.~'•'~.★