Chapter 39: Jealousy, Jealousy

Start from the beginning

To this day, I'm still shocked that he still wanted me to open and close his show. But no matter what his decision was, I was willing to support it and since he wanted me to be his muse, I am all-aboard in this train. One-hundred percent.

***

We were immediately surrounded by the press and other industry people as soon as we stepped inside the party's venue. It seemed like Benjie Moore's party was tamer than what was about to happen tonight. I believe this is an invite-only event, but still more lax than the exclusive parties during the fashion weeks abroad we went to.

"Asher! Asher! Look here!"

"Asher! Who are you with?"

"Are you Asher's boyfriend?"

"You okay there?" I discreetly whispered to Storm, my hand squeezing his hand tightly. He answered back with three squeezes of his own.

"Yes, baby. Are you?" he whispered back, leaning down to me.

I fake a smile at him. "My heart's beating so fast."

He squeezed my hand three times. Again. "We'll get through this," he said, before we followed the bouncers towards the VIP area. They helped us move away from people who tried to stop and talk to us.

They're here to party, but I was tasked to come here to work and that's what I am going to do.

"Excuse me, Storm," one of the staff from TMA stopped us. I think her name is Gigi, I believe she's one of the events people. "We need Asher on the stage with Sir Red."

"I'll be okay here," Storm said to me, trying to soothe my frayed nerves. "I'll go talk to Sir Simon if I get bored."

I laughed at his suggestion. "Okay, I'll be back."

I wanted to kiss him but the TMA staff started pulling towards the direction of the backstage. Gosh, from hating PDA to wanting to kiss my boyfriend in public. This is getting wild, Asher.

Gigi, along with the bouncers, guided me towards the backstage where I waited to be called on stage. Sir Red was already talking and welcoming everyone to the party. Looks like we came in just in time.

"Ready in five," bulong sa akin ni Gigi. I handed her my black clutch, designed by Sir Red, of course. She promised to keep it safe and it will not leave her hands. Keri lang, wala naman laman 'yun na importante. Just a compact, a lip gloss, and a condom.

Storm has my phone and wallet.

"Let us all welcome to the stage, the Muse of House of Red... Asher Flores!"

And that's my cue!

Coming onto the stage, the spotlight was on me right away. I waved at the people in the room and smiled at those who were in front, screaming my name. The host, Liza Lore, leaned close and I met her halfway to beso. I stood beside my boss and gave him a huge, warm hug.

"Welcome home, Asher!" The people around us cheered once again. "Do you want to greet everyone?" she asked as she placed a mic below my chin.

I took it from her and spoke to it with a huge smile on my face. "Hello, everyone! It's nice to see you all! Thank you so much for coming here and supporting the House of Red!"

"You made us so proud with your stints in New York, London, Milan, and Paris! I hope you know how much you made us proud to be your kababayan!" the host said to me, kinda laying it on too thick. "So how was Paris? How was walking for the big fashion houses during Paris Fashion Week?"

My smile widened as I played along and answered her questions. "It was fun! I had the time of my life walking for the big fashion houses abroad, but I really missed home and I am so excited to walk for one of the greatest fashion designers in the country," I said, leaning on Sir Red's shoulder.