Chapter 29- Innocent like a baby

Beginne am Anfang

~end of vision~

"Wyatt" Morticia calls.

Wyatt's head flew forward.

"Did you have a vision?" She asked. "What happened? What did you see?"

"The night Garret died, he had a vial of nightshade poison that broke in his pocket. He wasn't just trying to kill his father. He wanted to murder the entire school."

But Morticia and Gomez weren't listening. They were too busy making out. 

Wyatt rolled his eyes at his parents. And sat down patting the space next to him for Y/n to sit down she obeyed and sat down next to him. He wrapped an arm around her waist pulling you to his chest. 

"Sleep, baby, we have a long day ahead of us." He whispered in your ear and kissed your forehead.

"Good night Wyatt, I love you." She whispers cuddling into him. Wyatt's eyes widened at her words...she loves him? He has so many questions roaming his mind. It isn't like he doesn't love her too, he loves her more than anything in this world, she is so precious to him. Her kind heart, loving nature and warmth drew him to her. She is the wind to his fire, the key to his heart. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Morticia, Wyatt and Y/n stood in the mayor's office. 

"Thank you for seeing us on SUCH a short notice Mayor." Y/n thanks sarcastically.

"Yeah, well, veiled threats have that effect." He replied just as sarcastically and Y/n rolled her eyes.

"Garret Gates wasn't killed by a stab wound." Wyatt said pulling out the cloth with the finger and laid it on the desk as the Mayor looked at it disgusted.

"That blue sheen is a telltale sign of nightshade poisoning." Morticia told him.

"But you already knew that didn't you? Because when you were Sheriff you were in charge of the case and covered it up." Y/n accused.

"Ansel Gates hated outcasts and Nevermore. He claimed the school was built on land stolen from his family 200 years ago. Garret went there to spike the punch and kill all the kids at the dance. Ansel confessed drunkenly. It was his idea."

"Why did you instruct Dr. Anwar to falsify his autopsy report?" Wyatt asked. "You knew the truth."

"Listen, my job was to keep the peace. Now if there had been a trial, Jericho and Nevermore's reputations would have been trashed." Walker explained.

"REPUTATION MY ASS." You yell at Walker as Morticia and Wyatt looked at you wide-eyed. "You don't care about any other person's reputation but YOURS." You hiss. "As the mayor your job isn't to keep peace, it is to keep justice. AND THIS IS NOT JUSTICE. THIS IS WRONGFUL CONVICTION." You yell at him as the mayor cowered back in fear at the anger visible in her eyes, red magic flowed around the girl and her eyes had a red glint to them giving her a scary look.

"Calm down mi amor." Wyatt whispered in your ear his arms wrapping around you from behind as you calmed down, your eyes returning to their normal shade of y/e/c as you relaxed in his arms. 

"Y/n is right, you only care about your reputation." Morticia says calmly but her voice filled with anger. "I remember Garret bragging to me that his father has the sheriff in his pocket. One year later you get elected as mayor. Hmm. No doubt with the help of Ansel Gates?" She asked.

"We shouldn't even be calling him mayor." You grumble.

"I resent your implication." The mayor snapped.