Y/n Utsuwa Vs Gojo Satoru (Chapter 1)

Start from the beginning

Something about his eyes being a defective version of some "superior eye" – the six eyes, she'd call it. Sounded strange and somewhat cool, but to Y/n, it was just a hassle. They hurt every now and then, and he wanted nothing to do with it.

He grabbed the ice pack from the edge of the sink, covered his eyes with it, and left the bathroom. It was lunchtime, but he hadn't brought anything to eat.

Sigh...

"Hmm? Utsuwa-kun?" A voice called out, casual and friendly.

"Huh?" Y/n removed the ice pack from his face, just a tad bit, his eyes narrowing to see the person calling him. An embodiment of beauty, a girl he knew well—or rather, the whole school knew well. "Kirari-san, did you need something?" His voice, cautious and indifferent.

Mihara Kirari—her name was a melody, and her existence a legend. She had gained quite the cult following at the school, a modern deity for being so easy to talk to, and incredibly tomboyish. Just being in her presence might make one a target of jealousy—or perhaps an object of worship?

"Not necessarily," she said, her voice playful. "Just saw you and naturally had to call out to you, y'know?" She lifted her right arm as if she were flexing it, before sticking out her tongue slightly, a gesture both innocent and teasing.

"I see, then I'll be on my way." Y/n turned, placing the ice pack back onto his face. At this, Mihara made a surprised sound, like she'd just been caught off guard in the middle of a joke. It was the kind of noise someone makes when they're genuinely shocked, and it seemed she hadn't seen this coming from Y/n at all.

"Hold on a sec!" She pointed, "It's too late to back out now!"

"What's that supposed to mean?" Y/n turned back slightly.

"It must be fate or something, running into each other like this. Come have lunch with me and the gang!"

"I don't have anything to eat, though."

"That's purr-fectly fine." Her eyes sparkled, a mischievous glint in them.

"Was that a cat pun?" Y/n asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Nyat at all." She giggled, her tone teasing.

"That was horrible, I'd stop kitten around if I were you," In a rather out of character moment, Y/n found himself caught up in Mihara's infectious energy. For the first time, Y/n felt like he really understood her appeal.

"Oh, so now you're making cat puns too?" Mihara shot back, feigning indignation. "Copycat much?"

"Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery," Y/n replied, "But seriously, what's with the cat puns? Are you feline okay?"

"Ugh, that was a CATastrophe," Mihara groaned, pretending to cover her ears. "But you're one to talk, Mr. I-Don't-Have-Anything-to-Eat."

"I was just stating a fact, not trying to get a free meal," Y/n said, raising an eyebrow. "Although, now that you mention it, I could go for some tuna."

"Tuna? Is that all?" Mihara challenged, "I thought you'd be more adventurous, like a lion going for a steak."

"A lion, huh? I see we're starting to stray from Cat jokes. Rather unexpected of you."

Mihara laughed, her tone playful. "Maybe I'm just full of surprises, like a panther in the night. Crazy as it sounds, maybe I could take over the world! Now THAT would be a surprise!"

"Take over the world, huh? How could you ever manage that?" Y/n continued the topic.

"You'll never know," Mihara winked, "unless you come to lunch."