"Faster." Pixal and Skylor said at the same time.

"And the difference is," Skylor continued, "She looks far more presentable than you ever do."

"Oh, come on. You know I don't look that bad." Kai gave her a smug grin, and Nya could've sworn Skylor started to blush.

"Excuse me," Zane raised his voice to be heard over the bickering. "Are we not here for a reason?"

"Right." Skylor strode over to the guard who had been standing on the opposite side of the gate from them the entire time. She apologized to him briefly, and he opened the gate for them. They filed through in silence, following Skylor to the throne room door, which was opened from the inside before she had a chance to knock.

"Come, children, no need for formalities." Emperor Wu said, walking back to his throne before they could bow to him. This left them in a rather awkward position, as they had never been taught any other way to greet such powerful people, and they ended up standing in a line in front of the dais, waiting for instruction.

"Feel free to introduce yourselves," Emperor Garmadon finally said.

"Oh, sorry," Jay stumbled over his words. When no one else said anything, he went on. "That's Kai, Nya's brother. Zane, and Cole." He pointed to each as he spoke. "I'm Jay. Um, my parents are wheelwrights."

Emperor Wu nodded. "It was brave of you, of all of you, to come here. Do you wish to go back to your families?"

Jay nodded nervously. "Yes. But I want to do what's right. I want to help you fix things."

Cole nodded too. "My father will be worried eventually. But I've been in the army for several years, and I've learned more about how our country really is, how it's run. I don't want to be part of that anymore."

"And we don't want you to have to be either." Emperor Wu went on. "Keep in mind, we did have a plan, one that was strategic, that we were confident would work. I must admit I have a tendency to put things off until I have a well-laid plan, and occasionally the fact that I am not ready to spring into immediate action does backfire."

"We also realize just how much your people are suffering," Emperor Garmadon continued. "We have been hesitant with how much we publicize the conditions of your kingdom to our own subjects–we hide nothing, of course, but we have not been trying to promote the idea that they must fight back. But they are realizing more and more on their own, and wanting to do something. And as we do as well, we believe the best plan of action is simply to do so."

"The change will not be immediate," Emperor Wu cautioned. "It would be foolish to charge into war with no preparations–for war is what this will certainly become. But we will begin to prepare immediately. You may choose to go back to your country, your families, before the fighting starts, and help inform people of what is to come and rally them against your Queen. Or you may stay here and help with the effort on our side. That includes you, Lady Skylor." He looked at her long enough to make her squirm before turning to Pixal. "And you, my loyal student. You will have a great responsibility in this war, if you choose to accept it, and turn yourself fully to this life."

She stared at the ground. "I will do my best, your highness. But I do not know if I can bear to–"

"You will find, child, that sometimes you must take the risk in order to achieve happiness." He told her sternly. "But I will give all of you time to consider the decision, before we meet again for more planning. I am sorry to be so abrupt, but my brother and I have much to discuss if we are to go through with this plan. And I believe we will, unless there are any objections?"

They shook their heads, a little in shock at the sudden proposal.

"No objections, your highness." Kai spoke for all of them. "Nya told us what you had talked about before, and if you had not suggested that we declare war on Queen Aspheera, I would have myself."