Bullseye & Grey Eyes

***I just want to say that writing this book is a big step for me. I hope that every single one of you enjoy reading this as much as I enjoy writing it. My biggest fear in regards to posting on Wattpad is COPYCATTERS!! If I find anyone copying my story I will take you down! I have connections in the RIGHTS department so do not underestimate me!! Now that i have that out of the way.... I really hope you enjoy what i have in store for you all!!***

P.S Please exuse any typos i am still in the middle of processing, i just couldnt wait to post.

Sincerrrly, Nats-a-roni

___________________________________________________________________________

Jace P.O.V

The Last Shot was about 20 minute's from my place. That's where I was currently headed, hitting awful Friday night traffic. With the radio on and a cool summer breeze I was feeling really nice, giddy even. My best friend, the one guy out of the small group of friends we had, who couldn't keep it in his pants, got a girlfriend.

A GIRLFRIEND.

He told me he asked her officially on Monday or something. Really? Out of all the days and he chose Monday?

Anyway, that's the main reason for this drive at this hour, Kyle wanted his new girl to meet all of us. I have to admit I am stoked for my boy, he seems happier, lighter and overall less of a horn-dog that just got released from the pent house.

If I had to guess what Kyle's girl looks like I'd say she's blonde, he's always had a special interest in them. Probably overly curvy; he has a thing for them, too. Not knowing much about this girl, I let my mind wander to what she might look like and tell myself if I'm slightly right about anything that I get to give Kyle a hard time for being so predictable.

After sitting in traffic for what felt like double the time it should have been, I really had Kyle's girl all figured out. Blonde, brown eyes, short, extra curvy, with a sweet candy voice and overly bouncy. By putting all of these details together based on what he likes, Kyle should have the perfect girl by his side.

I was starting to get all excited about the personal game I was playing in my head hoping I had at least 2 of the guesses right. Finding a parking spot in the distance I mentally prepare myself to what's hopefully a really good night. Shit, it better be after the time i've spent on the road just trying to get here.

Upon walking in the surprisingly packed, even for a Friday night bar, I had already said, "what's up, how you been, hey man, ladies" to at least 10 people. Being a regular here, I've made quite a few acquaintances and grown to really like some of the people that work here. Making my way over to the bar area I take a seat closest to the pool area and order a Bud Light.

While waiting I choose to watch the pool games going on around me. Two guys are having a pretty impressive game having at least two to three balls sink in at each of their turns. Another game played by an adorably young couple turns up a small smile while I sip my beer. She's not that bad sinking in once and he's actually terrible, missing the 8-ball every time. She seemed to be loving every minute of it though laughing, then coughing to cover it up.

Averting my eyes elsewhere not wanting to look like a creep, I take inventory of the liquor in front of me choosing my choice of poison for tonight. I hear my name being called from a distance and turn seeing Kyle weaseling his way through the crowd. "JACE!" He's wailing his arm around like I'm not staring directly at him. When he's close enough, I stand and say, "I see you bro," with a chuckle. We do the guy hug thing and he beams at me. He's already had a few. With my beer in hand I tell him, "I got some catching up to do huh?"

He laughs "Nah, you're good bro, I'm just glad you made it. We are at the back table, the one you passed out on last year during spring break?"

Remembering the not so fine moment I nudge him saying "Oh, nice choice then."

 Before following Kyle to the table booth in the back, i quickly order another bud light. With beer in hand I make my way over to the table I know all to well. Seeing everyone gathered around in the corner put a smile to my face.

"Connor, what's up man, haven't seen you out in a few days". I dap him up and wait for his reply. 

"Jace! I'm good man, i'm good, just wasn't feeling the scene. But i'm out now, enjoying the night and all the sight....it brings, ahahaha" i stare at him and nervously laugh at his cheesy attempt at rhyming.

"I wouldnt try any lines on any of the ladies tonight kiddo". I pat his back in a comforting way and give him a cringed smile.

"My lines are fire bro" he then turns his head slightly over to a waitress "Ey nikki, wanna kissy my dicky"?

My eyes open wide and i smack him across the head. He hisses in what's obviously fake pain.

"What was that for?" Shaking my head and not saying another word I avert my attention to Kyle and Matt playing darts.

Seeing the chalk board written up with numbers and x's, i figured out they were playing cricket and Matt was winning so far. Kyle looks over and semi yells over the music and chit chatter

"Jace, take my place for a bit while i go check on my girl". Not even realizing that upon arriving to the scene i havent even met Kyle's girl yet.

"Yeah, sure man. Where'd she go anyway?" he scratches his head and says something like "i think, uh, she said bathroom er something, shes been gone a while though, so uh im gonna go check." He then walks off in the direction of the bathrooms.

Turning back around to Matt and the game I grab the three darts he passes over and throw. I used to play with my uncle in his kitchen when i was a kid, so when i was hitting marks Kyle was missing on his chart with all three of my darts, it didnt come as a surprise.
Matt cursed under his breath.

"This does not count on Kyles chart Jace. does not count. This is why i'm playing against Kyle and not you."

I laugh at his confession. "Well i'm playing now".

Matt steps up to the line and alighns his shoulders to throw. Has nothing to do with the shoulders man i say to myself already knowing he'll miss for the five before he even throws it. He throws and the sound of the dart sticks to pure wood.

"The wall! Seriously Matt the wall?". He bends over and lets out a muffled growl.

"I told you man, it's not the shoulders. It's all about the angle you throw it." he lifts his head and looks at me with a blood rushed face "Really, youre going to tell me its about the angle? What is this basketball?"

Nodding my head,"presicely, shoot the ball," i throw a dart in a 3 pointer fashion "into the basket" and the dart hits the bullzeye. Any one standing around watching the game erupts in hallers and oh's. Just like that i felt on top of the world.

Kyle finally returns and asks with a smile "you did the basketball and bullseye thing didnt you" shrugging my shoulders I tell him he's in the lead.

He turns to the side a little and says "Thanks bro i expected nothing less from you, by the way this is Grayson." he lifts his arm in introduction and upon hearing the name i freeze. Looking up at a pair of grey eyes, I instantly feel a splash of cold water rush through my body. My smile fades and I just stare. Is this real right now?