Close call

The gold curtains in the dark room are drawn back to the side.

"Rise and shine Al", she reaches her phone to look at the time.

"Mum, it's really early. I already set my watch when I want to wake up." her voice crackled.

"Alice, Alice, it's your wedding day today, you need to prepare early" said her mother. She sits straight up immediately.

"What wedding? Who am I married to?" said her in shocked.

"No time for jokes. Come on, up up up", her mother makes her stand up.

"There you go, now take a shower, your cousins are downstairs doing all the work needed before we go, the groom will come around 10am. I'll put your dress on your brother's bed" said her mother while pushing her from her brother's room to the bathroom.

Oblivious to the situation, she does what her mother said. Under the shower tap, she wonders what exactly happened. She couldn't remember anything about this day coming up. Suddenly it is her wedding day. Is she getting married to Andrew? Of course she is! How could she ask that question? They've promised that, back in university when she was only in her first year.

She walks into her room, just to find a made up bed with laces and new curtains, with soft blue colour theme all around the room. The room is customized too much that she hardly recognizes it. She forgot that she had slept in her brother's room. She makes her way to her brother's room, just to find a beautiful white cream gown on the bed. Excited, she puts it on. It fits perfectly on her, not too tight, not too big, just perfect. She puts on simple make up and a touch of lip balm on her lips. That should do it, simple, but simply perfect.

As she walks down the aisle of her house, everybody stares at her in amazement.

 "Congratulations Al! I can't believe this day finally comes!" Faith, her best friend, beams at her, showing her customized braces. The dress Faith wears catches her eyes.

 "How do I look then?" Faith made a full 360 turn for Alice.

"Beautiful!" 

"Well, I'm your flower girl, but I'm not as beautiful as you are, pretty lady!" Her face lights up like sunshine. She can't wait to see how Andrew reactions would be when he sees her.

 The wedding stage set in soft blue colour theme too, just like her bedroom she saw earlier. The chandelier on top of the stage really brings up the colour perfectly. It is full with small flowers at the sides, she feels as if she is in the garden of flowers instead of in her own living room.

This looks pretty grand. Where on earth did we get so much money, Andrew? She wonders in awe.

"The groom has arrived, he's outside" a familiar voice tells her.

She looks around, her father is wearing a handsome black tuxedo, he looks much younger that he looks.