Ch.1: Pilot

She was falling.

.

.

.

.

Slowly....

.

.

.

.

She wasn't ready to die yet but... 

What other choice did she have?

She didn't want to...

Please...

She could feel air whipping her hair around which made her question where it was coming from as the sound of whistling hit her ears. Her clothes were flowing with the wind as she drifted into what looked like an endless void. 

Her thoughts were completely blank as she continued to sink into emptiness. 

"Hello, young one what are you doing here," Someone said to her.

"I was just falling but I don't remember why I'm here again. Who are you?" she asked.

They just stared at her in pure curiosity. They were really tall so it was hard to see them but they did seem very odd. 

"I can see it is not your time yet. Here, just walk towards the place with light and I believe you'll find your destination" They say as they point her in the direction of where the light was coming from.

She slowly walks towards it but then stops and turns around. She has no idea who they are or where she was but they look like someone who knows.... at least...

"What's your name?"

"My name is--"

✩。:*•.─────  ❁ ❁  ─────.•*:。✩

"Hitomi! Wake up Tanjiro is leaving you should say bye" Hanako said to the girl as she shook her.

"Hitomi.....? Oh, wait he's leaving I fell asleep for two minutes!" she yelled getting up from her small but cozy futon and racing outside with Hanako's hand in hers.

"Tanjiro wait! Don't leave yet!" She yells out as she saw Tanjiro stop and smile at her.

"Good morning Hitomi! You overslept again but I was about to down. Hey, when I get back can you boil water from the kettle it's really cold today" Tanjiro said then ruffled her hair like she was a toddler.

"Sure but tomorrow let me help you I'm not a child anymore, see?" She says flexing non-existent muscle.

"Hmm maybe I can't say for sure but I'll make sure that you'll be full tonight," he said as he was off leaving the disappointed girl and Hanako there.

Hitomi spent her time helping around the house and playing with her siblings. As she sat down and finally let out a breath as she twirled her brown hair and glanced at it. Her hair was messy, went all over the place, and was extremely hard to brush. Compared to her sister, Nezuko was a lot harder to tie up. This isn't the only time Hitomi felt like this. She looked different from her siblings and her parents but her mom always reassured her that she was unique and her differences make her special. 

They were nice words but they didn't exactly make her feel better.

"I wish my hair was as smooth as Nezuko's. No fair if only it was different" She said out loud which thinking about it, she shouldn't have been surprised when her slightly older sister slammed the shōji (sliding door) open and frowned at the girl which never fit her considering she was one that always smiled.