I frowned in disbelief, looking over at the binded boy that I've grown attached to. "So, we're gonna have to raise money to pay for it ourselves." he explained. I looked around at everyone's sudden change of expressions.

"See, when I was in glee club, and we needed new silk cummerbunds for regionals, we held a bake sale." everything went silent before some of the students started laughing.

I looked around at the laughing students in disappointment. "You're joking, right? I mean, bake sales are kind of bougie." Santana spoke up. "So hip people stopped eating delicious sugary treats?" Mr. Schuster countered.

"It's not that? It's most of us? Don't know how to bake? I find... recipes confusing." Brittany tilted her head "My family is fully committed to takeout." Rachel spoke next "That's not healthy." I commented.

"Yeah, Mr. Schue, kids are busier than when you went here. We've got homework and football and teen pregnancy, custody battles… lunch." Finn listed "You did not just compare lunch to helping out a friend in need." I rolled my eyes at my idiot of a brother.

Sometimes I really contemplate if I happen to be an adopted look-alike. "Can't Artie's dad just take him?" Mercedes pressed. I scoffed in annoyance "I am so disappointed at the fact you guys have no courtesy to help a friend in need. If it's such a big deal I'll personally pay for the bus or I'll just drive Artie there myself." I looked around the room

"No, Griffin you don't need to do that. They need to learn themselves." Mr. Schue turned to me before facing the club again "I can't believe how insensitive you're all being. Are you a team?" he stated.

"Of course. But Artie understands, don't you, Artie?" Quinn shrugged "Oh... Of course-" I cut him off "No, Artie. Don't encourage this. We're doing the bake sale. That's final. You will not treat him like an outsider in a group of outsiders." I finished.

The school bell rung. Everyone leaves but Artie and I, who goes to tie his shoelace. "Let me help you out, AR." I smiled softly at the younger boy. I knelt down and helped him tie his shoe. "Thank you." he smiled softly

I stood up fully and sighed "Look, I'm really sorry about how they all reacted, Artie." I shook my head "Oh, it's okay. I'm used to it. They just don't get it…" he smiled softly "You're right. They don't get it." I smiled widely.

He waved before wheeling off. Mr. Schue walked out of his office and back into the choir room "Hey, Griffin. You're still here?" he said confused "Yeah. I have a proposition." I smirked.

 ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄

"I have something I'd like to say. I want to audition for the wicked solo." Kurt announced from his spot. Murmurs of encouragement erupted around the room. "Kurt, there's a high F in it." Mr. Schuster stopped what he was doing.

"That's well within my range." Kurt assured the man. Several ooooh’s begin around the room. "Well, I think Rachel's going to be fine for the female lead, but I'm happy to have you try out something else, Kurt. And we'll make sure it's got a killer high note." he assured the boy.

Kurt sits back down whilst the others continue to murmur amongst each other "You tried." Artie spoke. He was always so supportive of others. He didn't deserve what they did yesterday. He's an awesome addition to this group.

"Anyway, I wanted to say something to you guys. Someone else and I was a little disappointed at how you were all so willing to take the bus to get to sectionals and make Artie drive by himself with his dad. We're a team, guys. We're in this glee club together." Mr. Schuster began.

"Artie doesn't care. His dad drives him everywhere." Mercedes shrugged off the situation again "How about you let him speak for himself and stop trying to control his narrative." I spoke up in annoyance.