viii. it lights my fire, part 2

Start from the beginning

• • •

As Jake and Ryland continued to kiss, she extended her arm, placing the water on the coffee table. Just for a brief moment, she pulled away then stood up, hovering over Jake.

He stayed seated, looking up at her, "You sure?"

She nodded as she straddled him, her eyes glancing from his eyes to his lips.

Once their lips reconnected, Ryland's eyes closed in pleasure. Jake's hands lowered from her beck to her ass. They were so in sync with each other. Always able to overcome —— to fully give each other to one another. That was never a problem with them. However, as things progressed, they were surprised after all this time that it was so easy for them.

They didn't know where this would lead them or what it would be like the next day, but in the moment, nothing else mattered. At this point, they just wanted to keep feeling each other's touch.

Just as quickly as Jake's shirt coming off, Ryland's did too. She wore a pink bra underneath which she remembered just then that it was Jake's favorite color on her.

His arms wrapped around her in an embrace as his head rested on her bare chest, "My weakness."

"I swear this wasn't planned." She lightly chuckled.

He lifted his head up, looking into her eyes. Her hands cupped his face as she smiled before leaning back in. Just went they were continuing where they left off, footsteps entered the living room.

Someone cleared their throat to get the teen's attention.

Jake and Ryland quickly pulled apart, turning around. As soon as she recognized his parents, she got off his lap and quickly picked up her shirt.

"Mr and Mrs. Jagielski, nice to see you again." She awkwardly greeted them.

The parents both gave her a slight nod with a hum. They knew it was awkward too. With that in mind, Ryland got up and began to head out of his house after saying goodbye.

Once she got back in her car, she put her shirt back on. To say she was embarrassed would be an understatement but other than that, she was merely excited. She took a step with Jake that she didn't think she would do for a long time after their breakup and she was far from mad about it. She just hoped that he maybe felt the same way.

• • •

The next day, Chad and Peyton were now back. She heard news that her father and his team were safely found and secured. Since the drive back was a little while, they didn't get to school till halfway through the day. Though Peyton and Chad went their separate ways as soon as they entered the building, Peyton found her way to Lucas.

The two were seen chatting it about outside behind the school while Ryland sat on the slight hill of grass taking pictures for her photography class.

Just as she was looking through the camera lens, she saw Lucas and Peyton talking. She slowly brought her camera down and continued to watch them. The conversation seem pleasant which Ryland didn't all like. Sure, she thinks Peyton is a nice person, but she knew something was up with Ashely and Lucas. She wasn't just going to sit around and watch Lucas hurt Ashely because she also knew that he's had a thing for Peyton since a long time.

It was time that Scott boy made a decision and she was going to tell him.

She picked up her bag, then headed down the hill just as Peyton left his side.

"Hey." She approached him, "You and Peyton seem to be getting along. How's that going?"

He scratched the back of his head, "Good, I guess. Pretty sure I blew my shot, but it's alright."

"Oh?"

"Yeah, don't really want to get into it." He told her.

"Where do you and Ashely stand?"

He shrugged, "I don't know."

As soon as she saw Ashely, she took his shoulder and turned him in her direction, "Here's some advice. Ashely's quite pretty and could be easily swept up, but she's into you and I know you're into her. All I'm saying is, don't blow your shot like you did with Peyton."

He nodded, "Thanks, ry."

"Match making is my specialty." She lastly said as she pushed him forward to go talk to Ashely.

Though she was happy to help, she was a little concerned. She didn't want Ashely to be caught in the crossfire of whatever Lucas and Peyton had going on. Deep down she knew that one of these days, Peyton will come to her senses and there would be a great cost to pay.

 Deep down she knew that one of these days, Peyton will come to her senses and there would be a great cost to pay

a/n:
Things are happening 👀