19. it's kind of funny when it goes from all to nothing

Start from the beginning

Leah shakes her head, "If you two start making out, Caitlin and I are leaving without you," she tells us, letting Bowie climb into Caitlin's lap.

"Let's just go before they do," Caitlin says, gently moving my dog so he's on the couch. Caitlin spins her car keys on her fingers, leading the way out of my apartment. Leah is catching up to be next to Caitlin, Kate and I walk side by side to the door.

I lock the door behind me as they walk to the elevator and I quickly catch up to them. After the elevator ride, we walk out the Caitlin's car. Kate and I sit in the backseat because Leah called the passenger seat on our way down.

Kate's hand rests on my kneecap, my stomach in knots. Every minute I spend with her, I only want to be in a relationship with her more. I'm just scared.

We end up getting fast food (probably not in Kate and Caitlin's meal plan, but they don't seem to care). Caitlin drives to a park that luckily doesn't have any people at it. We grab a blanket from the back of Caitlin's car since there are no picnic tables at the park. We set it on the ground, spreading out the food we got.

Kate looks over my shoulder at what I'm doing on my phone, her hand on my back, "What are you doing?"

"Voting for the VMAs. Literally anything Taylor is nominated for," I say and Kate smiles a little bit.

Leah frowns a little bit, "I miss her," she tells us.

I nod in agreement, "I do too. It's a problem," I say.

Kate and Caitlin look at each other before looking at the two of us. Their eyes are widened in shock. Leah and I furrow our brows at them. Caitlin is the first on to talk, "You guys know Taylor Swift?"

Leah knew the singer because of her father and step-mom. I met Taylor last year, having worked with the same producer back in LA. He gave her my number and I was lucky enough to get to talk to her and eventually meet her. It was absolutely crazy.

The two of us nod, glancing at each other for a few seconds for looking back at them. Their mouths are open, still in shock, "That's fucking cool," Caitlin eventually says.

We eventually get off of the topic of us knowing Taylor Swift and we talk about the upcoming basketball season, which they both feel really good about. I've told Kate that I would be going to games (she practically begged me to go to them) and I'm sure Leah would be attending because of Caitlin.

Since my birthday, I'm less apprehensive to Caitlin than I was. I quickly figured out that it wasn't another Connor situation, mostly because if they even hung out she would text me and thank me for giving her Leah's number.

After we finished our food, we make sure to throw it away, watching the sunset and talking until it was too dark to even see each other. This little group we have going on (with Florence and Keegan) is really nice. This is the best I've felt in a very long time.

captainamericafr

tagged: notryanreynolds

liked by monc25 and others captainamericafr, mcdonalds picnic bc we're actually the best ‼️tagged, notryanreynolds  katmart  notcaitlinclark

captainamericafr, mcdonalds picnic bc we're actually the best ‼️
tagged, notryanreynolds  katmart  notcaitlinclark

view comments. . .

kylienotjenner, that moon !!
comment liked by captainamericafr

notcaitlinclark, i still can't believe you and leah know taylor swift 🫨
— captainamericafr, she commented on my birthday post cait...

notryanreynolds, us in the second pic 🤭🤭
— captainamericafr, loverrrr
— katmart, 🤨🤨🤨

jadag, caption is so true ‼️
comment liked by captainamericafr

katmart, didn't put the picture of us huh
— captainamericafr, you almost made it on the spam kate

authors note
this is out later than i
expected but here's an update !!