"You sure?"

"Get out of here" he smiled, picking up another fry.

"Thanks, Luke" I smiled. "You're the best" I finished, on the way to his door.

Taking a deep breath, I knocked on the glass. I just hope I look more decent after putting mascara on my lashes. After waiting a minute, I realise that I'm worried about it for nothing when there was no answer.

Turning around, I sighed and my head hung low, until I heard a sound. My name up. I looked up and smiled at the sight in front of me

"Don't know if I can trust my eyes, is that Y/N I see at my door?" He said, laughing with his bag across his chest. "To what do I owe the pleasure?" He asked, stepping an inch away from me.

"Hi, Matt. I thought I missed you" I shrugged, realising the irony of my words. After all this time, I'm sick of hiding my secret.

"I just got back from court" he mumbled. He nodded his messy hair towards the door as he unlocks it, and I follow him. "Seems the last thing we were talking about was what food we've been cooking. Do I get any of those brownies yet?"

"Not yet" I smiled, hiding my hands behind my back.

"I've been looking forward to them, you make them sound good" he laughed, hanging his jacket over the back of his chair.

"Are you okay?" He asked, pulling me out of my thoughts. I blinked and focused my eyes on him. "How have you been since your training? Sorry we haven't spoken much"

"It's okay and I'm good, maybe this will help" I answered, setting down the striped bag. He looked down at it and he smiled

"You didn't" he laughed, opening the bag. "You remembered. It's been so long since I've had one of these, they're my favourite" Matt finished, setting down the bag of cookies and muffins. "I hope you got some for yourself"

"I couldn't resist. I ate some on the way here, I'll save the rest of later" I told him, twirling the ring around on my finger.

"Just how I taught you" he nodded with a smile. "Thanks, Y/N. But I hope you didn't make a trip just for a muffin"

"It's okay" I shrugged. "I picked up some food to have with Luke, so I was around"

"Oh" he nodded, rolling up the bag to keep the food fresh. He scratched his cheek and avoided my gaze. Holly was right.

Is he jealous?

"I'm glad you stopped by, it's good to see you. Are you on your lunch break?" He asked, tapping along the head of his chair. Why does he have to stand so far away? I nodded. "I figured"

"I should go. I don't want to take up much of your time"

The heavy feeling in my gut grew when I watched the disappointment on his face. I'm sure Sofia wouldn't mind if I was running late if I told her who I was with.

"You're never a bother, Y/N. I don't know why you always think that. If you have to get back to work, I understand" He mumbled. "But, next week this will be your place of work again, it's crazy to think"

"I know, I can't wait" I smiled and so did he. "I like the stubble by the way" I blurted out

He laughed and stroked his cheeks, suddenly turning me into the jealous one. "Thanks, I don't know what I'm doing with it. It doesn't make me look old, does it?"

"No, it looks good on you. You look good, Matt" I confessed, waiting for the embarrassment to cover over me in waves, but it didn't.

"Thank you. So do you, in your uh...courthouse outfit. I should've stopped to say hi today, but I didn't think of it. This case has been crazy"