ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟙 - 𝔸 𝔹𝕠𝕝𝕥 𝕠𝕗 𝕃𝕚𝕘𝕙𝕥𝕟𝕚𝕟𝕘

The sky was overcast, grey clouds covering the once blue sky. A breeze flowed through the trees and leaves danced in the wind, it was late in the day and Mondstadt slowly grew darker. The city lit up as night fell, the light shining brightly in the darkness, visible from the Wangshu Inn.

Bennett sat, staring out at the window as he waited for one of his dads. He was growing nervous with every passing minute, all the possible scenarios passing through his mind.

He knew one of his other dads could go out and look, but he didn't want to bother them. (And. Maybe. Possibly. He wanted to get out and explore a bit). So, he stood up, grabbing a plain sword from next to him and sneaked out the door. Well, sneaked wouldn't be the right word... more like, he lied to his other dads and said that he was going out to get something he had forgotten.

He walked swiftly out of the city, holding the sword tightly as he continued down the main road. He looked around, hoping to see something that could lead him to his dad. Bennett took in the scenery around him, the long dark silhouettes of trees creating shapes for his mind to panic over. He continued to walk down the path until he tripped over a stone, almost faceplanting into the ground until he put out his hands to stop his face hitting the dirt.

"Oof-" He huffed, sitting to the side of the path as he brushed down his clothes and readjusted the goggles on his head. He just had a few scrapes on his knee, thankfully, as Bennett had been expecting more of an injury due to his bad luck. He smiled to himself, this was about the luckiest he had gotten, besides being taken in and cared for by the Adventurers Guild.

As soon as he smiled, rain drops splashed down onto the grass, slowly getting heavier and heavier. Bennett's clothes were almost immediately soaked, and the smile faded as he stood and stared at the sky. He looked around, not recognising the scenery around him.

Did I wander too far-? I'm still on the path, but which direction do I go-

A rustling in the bushes caught his attention, he stepped off the path, slowly creeping towards the woods. The trees were tall, branches sprayed out in every direction creating a roof of leaves and wood. The forest was dark. Darker than the night. It had an ominous feel to it, a sense of foreboding that grew stronger the deeper you entered into the maze of twisted trees.

Bennett gripped his sword tighter as he edged closer to the dark forest. Suddenly, something shot from the bush, and he fell backwards as a flash of grey sped across his vision, disappearing as fast as it appeared. Suddenly, stories his dads in the Adventurers Guild would tell him rose to the surface of his thoughts. They had described woods like these, always telling Bennett to never enter them. He stared at the tall trees, his lime green eyes going wide.

"W-Wolvendom..." Bennett whispered as he backed up. He turned away from the ominous woods, about to run down the path and hope he chose the right direction to get back to Mondstadt. The rain grew thicker, a blanket of white covering the landscape in front of Bennett. He could barely see, and he was shivering slightly as a cold wind blew past him. His body wasn't meant to be out here in conditions like this.

He took a few steps forwards, the wet ground sinking slightly under his shoes. Through the sound of the rain, he could hear a slightly distorted voice, the voice of an Abyss Mage. Bennett froze and he hoped it hadn't noticed him, as it seemed to move away, the voice growing faint in the sound of the rain.

Bennett had a curious mind, always seeking adventure. Even if no one wanted to be on his adventure team, he never stopped smiling, liking to laugh at his bad luck. Every chest he found; it was mostly cabbages but he still found the adventure itself part of the fun. Bennett had encountered a few Abyss Mages in the past, and he had opted to run away as without a vision, he wouldn't be strong enough to break it's shield before it broke him.