Chapter Two

"So, do we have everything?" Carrie asked, as we set out the food.

"Yep. There's fake bugs in the potato salad, green dye in the Lighting Blaze soda." I responded, just as the doorbell rang. "But as soon as they get in the pool, take their shoes and fill them all with shaving cream."

"You're amazing, Mel." Mary-Kay giggled as she walked to the front door.

"Hey, Alex, Dennis, Bradley, and you must be Bruce." I commented, as they came outside dressed in swimming trunks and t-shirts.

"Where do we put our shoes?" Dennis asked.

"We'll take them." Carrie said and it was so very obvious that she was trying to fight a smile, but the boys were oblivious.

Carrie and Ashlee walked inside with the boys' shoes in their hands. "Would you like something to drink?" I inquired. "Perhaps some soda? It's inside, but I can go get it."

"Sure. I'll take some Lightning Blaze if you've got it." Alex declared. All of the other boys also decided on Lightning Blaze.

"So, what did they want to drink?" Mary-Kay asked.

I grinned. "They all decided that they wanted Lightning Blaze."

"For real?" Ashlee started laughing as she poured the soda into four separate cups.

"Got to get these drinks out to the boys." I said, as I grabbed all four cups from her. I walked out the back door to the patio, where the boys were patiently waiting for their soda. "Here you go."

"Thanks a bunch, Melissa." Alex said as he took a cup. Each one of them got their own cup. And like clockwork, they grinned at each other, took a sip, and liked it, but that feeling wouldn't last too much longer. 

In just a matter of minutes, someone behind me screamed. "Bruce! Your mouth is green." Bradley cried, just as Alex said, "Bradley, yours is green too!"

"Alex, it's not just their mouths! Our mouths are green too!" Dennis exclaimed.

Alex turned to me. "Melissa, is this why you invited us? To get revenge?"

"Sorry." I said, as I burst out laughing.

"Come on, you guys. We're out of here." Dennis said, all of them dripping wet.

Carrie, Mary-Kay, and Ashlee have them their shoes. They sat down, put on their shoes, and screamed once again. "Who put shaving cream in our shoes?!" Alex screamed, getting up in my face.

"We did!" We giggled.

"All of you planned this?" Bradley asked.

"Yup." I responded, smirking at them.

"Why?"

Cause you, and I mean you Alex, caused some trouble with the underwear thing!" Ashlee shouted, which caused the boys to take a step back.

"Listen. Just so you girls know, this means war." Alex said.

"It already was, Alex Martin." I was so mad at him. Like, how dare he get mad at us for doing this? He made me cry today. "You started it."

"Fine then. Melissa, pack your bags, because by the end of this month, we'll have run you out of here." He smirked, as if he were daydreaming about getting his revenge.

"So, what do you want to do when those guys prank us?" Carrie asked me after the guys left my house.

"Um, over the years, I've been collecting a lot of good pranks to play on people." Mary-Kay said. 

"And? Did you bring it? Mary-Kay, tell me you got it!" Ashlee cried.

"Of course, I do. It's in Melissa's closet."

"It?" Ashlee said, looking really confused.

"It's a notebook full of really awesome ideas, but I've already got an idea." Mary-Kay said, as she walked over to my closet and pulled out a binder. She opened it to a marked page. "This. This is it."

She handed it to me. "You expect one of us to pretend to die?" I stared at her.

"What?!" Ashlee cried, as she was also staring at Mary-Kay.

Mary-Kay shrugged her shoulders. "I think Melissa will fit this role. You have to be still so they won't know it's a joke."

"How though?" Carrie questioned.

"Well, we'll figure it out." Mary-Kay said, as she grinned at each of us.