S3xE19: Swellview's Got Talent

Start from the beginning

"Ooo, man that's a tough one." Henry responded.

"That's hard to say." Ray commented. "I could say yes, but the truth is really no."

"Yeah, no." Henry agreed.

"Darkness," Danny focused on the other judge, "What's your opinion?"

Dylan leaned forward towards the microphone, everyone in the crowd anticipating an answer. He didn't realize it, but apparently no one knew what he sounded like. An assertive "Yes" was Dylan's response, and he didn't elaborate further. Truth was he didn't like the front-runner. This guy who comes on and starts throwing metal spikes around like it's a talent. Dylan could do that. If he'd know sooner his powers would be able to win him thousands of dollars on a talent show, he'd of appreciated them a lot more.

"Well, two of our judges think that our current front-runner, Steven Sharp, is gonna be pretty tough to beat." Danny told the crowd, "And I'll show you why. Come on out here Steven!" A man came running out onto the stage and Dylan gave him the stink eye. "Last week, this guy wowed us with his talent for throwing Cuban zip spikes. Can you give us a little taste of that talent again?"

"Of course." Steven responded, all smug. "How about I throw one to camera two?" He pulled a spike out of the harness he was wearing, turned around and threw it, the spike landing perfectly in the camera, breaking it.

Everyone clapped at how amazing it was, except for Dylan, who leaned over and whispered "I can do that." to Henry. Henry rolled his eyes in response, continuing his clapping as Steven made his way off the stage.

"Alright, let's bring out our first new performer of the evening." Danny stated once the applaud died down, "Please give an SGT welcome to... Harry Hoagie!"

A man came on stage wheeling out a very large sandwich.

"So Harry, tell us what we're gonna see you do tonight." Henry told him.

"Well, I'm gonna eat this entire six foot submarine sandwich in less than sixty seconds." Harry responded.

Now this was a talent Dylan could get behind. Forget Steven tossing lousy metal around, this guy was where it was at.

Sixty seconds started on the clock and just as the hoagie guy took his first bite, he started rapidly twitching before passing out and falling to the ground. Ray was about to start clapping, thinking it was part of his act, but Henry and Dylan shut it down pretty quickly. Harry was dragged off of the stage along with his uneaten sandwich.

"Okay, not sure what's wrong with Harry." Danny started, "But no worries! Because our next two performers are about to dance their way into your hearts. Here's Carl Marcus and Piper Hart!" Henry couldn't help but clap and smile seeing his little sister on stage. "So, how long have you two been dance partners?" Danny asked the two.

"For about six months." Piper answered.

"And what's your favorite kind of dancing?"

"The kind that wins Swellview's Got Talent." Piper was nothing but determined.

"Alright, well kids, let's see what you got!" Danny left the stage, leaving it to Piper and her dance partner.

Music started playing and they got through about thirty seconds of their dance routine before both of them started twitching and collapsed on the stage in the same fashion as the sandwich eating guy.

Henry was panicking now. While he felt bad for Harry, his little sister now ended up the same way he did. Something was very obviously wrong. Three people don't just collapse unless someone did something to them.