Wikipedia

Eva de Jonge (born June 10, 1996), known professionally as Eva Young, is a Dutch singer, songwriter, producer and multi-instrumentalist. Young's debut single "Cold Shoulder" reached no. 5 in the Billboard Hot 100 in May 2012. 

Career

2012-2015: Career Beginnings and Honestly

In 2012, Young signed a contract with Peak Management during her last year of high school. After she wrote the song "Lost Without You", she signed a record deal with Global Records. In April 2012, Young released her debut single "Cold Shoulder", which was issued to global success in May 2012, reaching number one in The Netherlands, Belgium, Canada, Poland and Slovenia, as well as charting in the top ten in over twenty territories. After releasing the hit songs "Don't Go" and "Sweet Highs", Young released her debut album "Honestly" in November 2012. The album debuted at number two on the Official UK Albums Chart. Her first tour in the UK and Europe began in March 2013, and concluded in early February 2014.

2015-2017: Beautifully Unfinished

In May 2015, Young released the single "Bridges" as part of the soundtrack to the 2015 film Unconventional. That same month, Young stated that she spent the preceding year in the writing process for her second studio album. Following the release of its lead single "Anywhere From Here", Young's second album, Beautifully Unfinished, and its accompanying world tour were announced in December 2015. The album was released in February 2016 and reached the number one position in the album charts of over fifteen countries. 

2017-present: Personal struggles and music production

In November 2017, Young announced the she was postponing the South American leg of her world tour due to her mental health before eventually cancelling the remaining thirteen scheduled shows. In February 2018, Young released an official statement in which she announced her resignation as a performing artist. Young stated that the constant pressure that she was under had broken her, and that she had no intention of returning to be on stage in the near or distant future. 

Young had since disappeared from the public eye until March 2020, when Young reactivated her social media accounts by posting an acoustic performance of a new song "Looking at Tomorrow", about the lockdown imposed after the outbreak of the coronavirus. The song was released on streaming services the next day. In an interview with Rolling Stone in April of the next year, Young has stated she has not left the music industry since her departure as a recording artist. Young has remained active as a songwriter and producer. Under various pseudonyms, Young has written and produced singles for numerous artists in the US and abroad, as well as soundtracks for various movies and tv series. 

Discography

Albums

2012: Honestly 

2016: Beautifully Unfinished 

Singles

2012: Cold Shoulder

2012: Don't Go

2012: Sweet Highs

2013: Honestly

2013: Peer Pressure

2014: Where I Belong

2014: My Kind of Love

2015: Bridges

2015: Anywhere From Here

2016: Beautifully Unfinished

2016: Run Away

2017: Last Straw

2020: Looking at Tomorrow