011. HER OLD LIFE

Start from the beginning

Wagner. That's Raphael's last name. This was posted about six years ago. Just like Nicole had mentioned. Salina and Raphael were engaged six years ago. That would make Salina just eighteen years of age. Fresh out of high school. I wonder what Toto and Susie must've thought when Raphael came to them about their hand in marriage.

Nicole did say they met during intermediate school. Making the two of them create a relationship all the way down high school, it would mean they were together around five years.

My thumb brushes over her face. She looks so young and innocent in this photograph. How can a man ever do something like that to her. Salina is a woman filled with big dreams and they were crushed so quickly because of him. Because of that jackass of a cheater.

I click out and look through some more pictures. There's another one with her engagement ring.

I shake my head with the thought of how heart broken Salina was when she found out about what Raphael did behind her back

I shake my head with the thought of how heart broken Salina was when she found out about what Raphael did behind her back. The ring looks like it costed a fortune, but it probably costed nothing to Raphael. Due to how him, including Salina and Nicole, grew up back in the day.

I wonder to myself if the guy ever kept her old engagement ring till this day. Or maybe he returned it back and forgot he ever was with an amazing woman like her. There's so many questions I want to ask him. Why he cheated, what made him get with another woman when he was in a long-term committed relationship, how he felt after realizing what he had done, and if he ever forgave himself for what he did.

 Why he cheated, what made him get with another woman when he was in a long-term committed relationship, how he felt after realizing what he had done, and if he ever forgave himself for what he did

This caption tears me into pieces. Salina never deserved his love if in the end he was just going to ruin it all for her. After everything they've been through, all the things she has probably done or said to him, it just went to waste. In one snap, he ruined it.

Looking at all of these posts rages me inside. My lips purse tight together as I glare at his face on my phone screen. Tightness on my forehead starts to grow—either because I'm furious right now or it cause of the three glasses of beer I had last night.