Chapter 7

Michael's P.O.V.

The lights dim and the light racks that are in front of me part. I immediately start my routine. I hear a large pop and my vision is momentarily blank. I continue dancing until I start to feel an extreme burning sensation coming from my head.

I hear yelling and I descend the flight of stairs that is keeping me from the ground. I immediately start to spin, hoping that me spinning will put out whatever it is that is causing me the pain. I bend down pulling my jacket over my head in an attempt to smother the flames. I reach up and begin swatting at my head, now fully understanding that my hair had caught on fire. Oh God it burns. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck.

Men rush to all sides of me attempting to help but I am caught off guard and pushed to the ground. With my hands still holding onto my jacket I fall onto the cement head first. I feel hands pull me up so I'm standing and smoke instantly fills my lungs.

I am pushed towards the exit by some of my brothers but there is so much around me I'm having trouble making sense of it all. Lily and Jermaine appear to my sides, guiding me outside. I reach my hands up to my head and feel a patch of skin that had previously been covered with hair.

"Call 911" I hear my older brother yell. He screams at Tito about something but I'm not paying attention.

"Move!" Lily yells and she continues to take me outside.

I see the ambulance and I'm immediately put onto a gurney. I see a man who looks like a medic put an oxygen mask on my face. I am lifted into the vehicle and watch as Jermaine and Lily step inside the ambulance.

"Family only inside the ambulance" I hear the man say. No, no, no, Lily stay. I reach up and try to take the oxygen mask off of me and immediately start coughing. I reach for her and manage to grab the edge of her vest. I'm shaking my head back and forth trying to get my point across. I manage to choke out "Stay" before she can get away from me.

The medic turns towards me and tells me, "Mr. Jackson you have to calm down. If you want her to stay she can stay." I immediately start to relax and allow the man to put the mask back on me.

The minute I start to relax I begin to feel the pain that the fire has caused. I feel open skin on my scalp and know that it's burned. With every beat of my heart I feel the pound of my pulse vibrate my whole body. I look around frantically trying to take my mind off of the pain.

I look over and see Lily's mouth moving. I notice a tear fall down her face and she quickly reaches up and wipes it away. We lock eyes and I take in her full beauty, the feelings of fright quickly draining out of me. Wow, she really is gorgeous.

The pounding continues as I watch her stand up. I watch as she slides the oxygen mask down to my neck, ever so delicately. I feel her hand press into mine and I feel her other hand press into my chest. I watch her as she leans over my body, bringing herself closer and closer to me. Her face hangs over mine and I can feel the warmth of her breath on my face. I watch as her beautiful blue orbs get closer and closer until our faces are practically touching.

She leans forward and I feel her soft lips press against mine. The throbbing pain torturing my head instantly dulls and I feel as if nothing else matters. She kisses me deeper and I try as best I can to give her some of the same passion back. It's just me and her in this moment and it feels like nothing I have ever felt before.

I feel her pull away and I slowly open my eyes to find Lily hovering above me. I watch her lips form the words, "I love you." She slides my mask back on me and retreats to her seat. All I can do it stare straight forward.

She loves me? Loves me? Lily Barnes loves me? What?

We hit a bump and a flush of pain goes through me. I can't focus anymore and I can't hold out any longer. My vision starts to blur as I try to focus but the only thing I can think about is her lips on mine and the feeling of a thousand bursting stars. The blurriness turns to black as I am engulfed in the throbs of pain brought forth from the beating of my heart.

A/N: Hey guys, I just want to thank you for reading my story. This is my first story and I really hope people like it. Please, please, please vote and comment. I would love to know what you guys think about it! Again a big thank you for those who read this! xoxo