"Shit, shit, shit," I said, picking it back up to make sure it wasn't cracked. The cast on my wrist wasn't making this any easier. My phone lit back up and I realized I had answered the call somehow. My heart dropped when I saw that it was him. I heard him faintly talking from the receiver and my hands shook as I brought it up to my ear. I didn't know what I was doing. Was I actually going to talk to him?

"Rowan? Rowan? Are you there? Please, just listen to me. You don't have to say anything. I-I am so sorry for everything and I just want to know you're ok. You never have to speak to me again. I just want to know you are alright."

His voice came in full of static and sounded far away. My heart was beating so fast I thought it would explode. I knew he heard my breathing because it was coming out loudly.

"Rowan...I-I can't believe I've lost you over this. God, I am so incredibly stupid. I wish I could turn back time and listened to you."

"Well, you didn't. I have to go."

I ended the phone call and shut my eyes. He sounded awful but I am sure he didn't look as awful as I did. I am sure the cut on his face from Laurie added to his already undeniable sex appeal. The phone started ringing again in my hand. Great. Why did I have to say anything back to him? I ended the call and turned off my phone. I walked back into the kitchen and was hit with the most heavenly smell. I was greeted with a huge plate of chicken and pasta. There was a salad too but I dove right into the pasta. The phone call was forgotten as I ate. Nothing mattered except this glorious plate of food.

"Woah, there, breath between bites, Row."

I shook my head as I continued to inhale the pasta.

"What did Marc say? It's late to call your boss. I heard you talking to someone."

"Oh, uh, nothing. He-he just has me doing some at home stuff until I feel well enough to go back to work."

"That required a phone call?"

"What's with the third degree, Laur?" I asked, dropping my fork.

"Wow, alright. I was just asking."

"Sorry, its just-

 Oh my God, it was him! Wasn't it? Rowan Emerson, you tell me right now."

"Christ. I dropped my phone because he started calling me and I dropped it and somehow it answered. Don't give me that look, I am not lying. He started talking about how he wished he could turn back time and how he wished he had listened to me. All I said was that he couldn't and I had to go. Then I ended the call and turned it back off."

"As long as that's all it was. We still have to talk about exactly what happened. Of course, not until you're ready."

"There isn't much to tell. I got cheated on by the love of my life and that resulted in me getting into a car accident. Now I have to move on."