Chapter 2- Ariella's pov

Once we walked into the room all eyes were on us as we made our way to the stage, once their my father announced to the room "Welcome and thank you for coming this evening I hope you enjoy our event that my wife and daughter have worked so hard to put together." The room applauded as my mother and me stepped forward and bowed our heads slightly he then carried on with the speech saying "I also have a special announcement my oldest son James Nightshade will be taking over as alpha of the Nightshade pack." Again the room applauded me and my family included as James stepped forward to join my father. When the applause died down my father dismissed the crowd and the music started and my mother came up to me and Riley and said "Why don't you girls go mingle with the crowd." We nodded and then walked down from the stage mingling with the crowd welcoming the alphas and betas of the other pack in attendance.

After an hour of mingling and dancing Riley ran up to me and announced "Ariella I found my mate he's here!" I quickly pulled her in for a hug and congratulated her "what's his name?" She quickly replied "his name is Derek and he's a Beta" I was so happy for her but also sad that I hadn't found my mate yet. Once she walked away to find Derek I made my way over to the drinks table when all of a sudden I got overwhelmed by the most amazing scent of mint and apple. Suddenly Maisie my wolf started going crazy A it's our mate follow the smell  go she said so I did and suddenly I could smell not only the mint and apple but coffee and pine to confused I kept walking until I bumped into two men walking next to each other. As I looked up to apologise Maisie started going crazy again mates we have 2 even better they are so hot  I pushed her out of my head focussing on the 2 men in front of me when I looked up I was met with two twins one with brunette hair and green eyes the other with platinum blonde hair and ocean blue eyes who were looking down at me before they let out low growls pulling me into their embrace and muttering the word "mine."