Chapter 1: Escape from Lotus Pier

This story is inspired by this wonderful book, and its one of the best book that ive read so far.  And i got so inspired that here i am writing this story. 

Tiffany_Guinne

https://www.wattpad.com/story/335088199

In the heart of Lotus Pier, a grand estate seated gracefully on the shimmering waters of Yunmeng Lake, there lived a boy whose fate seemed forever entwined with suffering. This boy was Wei Ying, the only son of the renowned cultivators Cangse Sanren and Wei Changze, who had tragically lost their lives during the Night Hunt. Their legacy, a burden and a blessing, now rested solely on Wei Ying's young shoulders.

Though life had once promised him warmth and love, the reality proved far more unforgiving. Following the death of his parents, Wei Ying's uncle, Jiang Fengmian, took him under his wing. At first, Wei Ying believed this would be the beginning of a new family, a chance to heal and grow in a loving home. Yet, he quickly discovered that his dreams were merely illusions, and a harsher reality awaited him within the walls of Lotus Pier.

Madam Yu, Jiang Fengmian's wife, wielded her influence over the household with an iron fist, and her disdain for Wei Ying was palpable. Unleashing her anger on the defenseless boy, she saw him as a constant reminder of her husband's deceased brother and the resentment she harbored toward him. With each passing day, the abuse intensified, leaving Wei Ying scarred, both physically and emotionally.

Even Jiang Fengmian, usually a gentle and kind man, remained strangely silent in the face of Madam Yu's cruelty. He seemed paralyzed, unable to protect his nephew from the venomous wrath of his wife. It was a silence that spoke louder than any words, crushing Wei Ying's spirit further with each blow that fell upon him.

The twins, Jiang Cheng and Jiang Yanli, followed their mother's lead, treating Wei Ying as nothing more than a lowly servant rather than a cousin or, more importantly, a brother. They, too, succumbed to the prejudices instilled by their parents, blind to the pain etched across Wei Ying's face.

On a particularly cold and dreary evening, Wei Ying had reached the end of his endurance. The bruises and welts on his body were not solely from Madam Yu's whip, but also from the weight of his unspoken sorrow. The realization that his new family despised him, despite his gentle nature and efforts to please them, proved too much to bear.

As the night draped its inky cloak over Lotus Pier, Wei Ying resolved to escape this place of torment. His heart, though burdened with sadness, held a glimmer of hope for a better life beyond the oppressive walls of the estate. He knew he could not endure this suffering any longer, and if he stayed, it might eventually consume him.

With a battered but determined spirit, Wei Ying stole away into the darkness. He packed a small bag with meager belongings, whispered a tearful goodbye to his parents' memory, and left without leaving a trace. The icy waters of Yunmeng Lake mirrored the chill in his heart as he took his first steps toward freedom.

With the winds of destiny guiding his every move, Wei Ying knew not where he would go, but he embraced the uncertainty with open arms. The world was vast, and he was eager to explore it, to find a place where he could be accepted and cherished for who he truly was.

As Wei Ying stumbled through the dense forest, his heart pounded in his chest, fear lending wings to his feet. The wild dogs were relentless, their menacing growls and snarls echoing all around him. He could feel their hot breath on his heels, urging him to run faster. Every muscle in his body screamed in protest, but he pushed himself harder, his mind focused on one thing: survival.

The moon shone brightly overhead, casting a silvery glow upon the tangled foliage, but Wei Ying had no time to appreciate its beauty. His only priority was to put as much distance as possible between himself and the ferocious pack behind him. The forest seemed to stretch endlessly, each step taking him deeper into the unknown.

Miraculously, after what felt like an eternity of desperate sprinting, Wei Ying managed to elude the wild dogs. Gasping for breath, he leaned against a tree trunk, his chest heaving as he tried to calm his racing heart. The adrenaline that had fueled his escape began to ebb, leaving him feeling weak and dizzy.

As he caught his breath, he noticed a soft rustling in the underbrush nearby. Wei Ying tensed, unsure if the dogs had caught up to him again. To his immense relief, it wasn't the wild dogs but someone else, a figure gracefully moving through the shadows.

From the depths of the forest emerged a man of ethereal beauty, clad in red robes that swirled like scarlet petals in the moonlit night. His eyes, a mesmerizing shade of crimson, bore a mix of curiosity and concern as they landed on the exhausted Wei Ying.

This was Hua Cheng, the Ghost King, feared and revered as the most notorious of the Four Great Calamities. Despite his fearsome reputation, he seemed different from the tales Wei Ying had heard. There was something enigmatic and captivating about him that defied the horror stories.

"Are you alright?" Hua Cheng's voice, soft and melodious, cut through the silence of the forest.

Wei Ying struggled to respond, his voice a mere whisper. "I... I think so. Those dogs... they were chasing me."

Hua Cheng's gaze intensified, assessing Wei Ying with a careful scrutiny. "You are fortunate to have escaped. The wild dogs in these parts are relentless."

Wei Ying managed a faint smile, though his body still trembled with exhaustion. "I... I guess luck was on my side tonight."

As they spoke, another figure emerged from the shadows. This man, regal and elegant in his attire, had an air of authority that commanded attention. It was Xie Lian, the Heavenly Emperor, known for his benevolence and kindness.

Hua Cheng turned to his husband, his eyes conveying an unspoken message. Xie Lian nodded in understanding and approached Wei Ying with a gentle smile. "Young man, are you hurt? Do you need assistance?"

Wei Ying shook his head weakly. "I-I don't think so. Just tired and scared."

Xie Lian extended a hand, a gesture of kindness and reassurance. "Come with us. We will take care of you. My name is Xie Lian, and this is my husband, Hua Cheng."

Despite his weariness, Wei Ying mustered the strength to grasp Xie Lian's hand. He felt an inexplicable warmth and safety in their presence. "I'm Wei Ying. Thank you for saving me."

Hua Cheng's crimson eyes softened, and he offered a small smile. "We did not save you, Wei Ying. Fate brought us together tonight. Let us be companions on this moonlit path."