11 | three words, eight letters, [say it, and i'm yours]

Comenzar desde el principio

"And I'm getting sick of seeing the USA get represented by a bunch of whining babies," the boy retorts, catching the attention of Emma, who appears by Jesse's side.

"Too bad you can't back up that mouth," Emma says, crossing her arms and cocking her head.

"Man, me and my boys could take you anytime, anywhere, little girl," the boy challenges.

"I don't see no boys," Jesse says.

"I got 'em waiting. Grab your gear and let's go play some schoolyard puck. Or maybe you forgot what it's like to play for real pride."

The boy is led out by a security guard, but Team USA follows him to accept the challenge.

— ˗ˋ ୨୧ ˊ˗ —

"My little brother Russ here has been telling me that you have been choking big time," Russ's older brother says.

"Well," Jesse snaps. "Your brother's got a big mouth."

"He does, doesn't he?" he replies with a smirk. "Anyways, we thought we'd call you all to see what you got."

"We know you can talk to the press and sign autographs," Russ says.

"Yeah, I've got a real pretty signature. You want one, since this is clearly fan behavior?" Emma asks, narrowing her eyes.

"Oh, please," Russ retorts.

"We can do more than that," Luis protests.

"Oh, yeah? Well, we can teach you how to play like the real Team USA."

"What would you know about it?" Dean asks.

Turns out, they know a lot.

The boys were crushing Team USA in every single way, and bruises in the shape of cross-hatching from the barbed-wire fence were starting to develop on Emma's cheek.

Fulton takes a shot, but it bounces off of the metal tube and onto the windshield of someone's car, shattering the glass and triggering the alarm.

"Eh, no sweat, it happens all the time."

"Excuse me," Charlie calls out. "Throw it back, please."

After that, things start looking up, and Team USA's spirit is back. Charlie passes the puck to Emma, who scores a goal and gives him a side-hug that sends Charlie's heart lurching out of his chest.

Russ winds up with a shot so clean that Emma's eyes widen in surprise. It's shoots straight into the goal with such precision that her eyes almost bulge out of her head.

"What the heck kind of shot was that?" Fulton asks, skating over with Emma in tow.

"Ah, you like that, huh?"

"Totally," Emma says, impressed.

"That's my Knucklepuck. It's hard to be accurate, but it drives goalies crazy," Russ answers with pride.

"Yeah, I bet," Emma says.

— ˗ˋ ୨୧ ˊ˗ —