𝐢. weak and drunken hearts

.·:*¨༺ ༻¨*:·.

d'quar

The night after Rey left, Padme did not expect to wake up from a relatively good sleep by Poe Dameron dropping a bottle of revnog at the end of her cot.

"What on Alderaan, Dameron?" Padme exclaimed, rubbing her eyes as Poe looked sheepishly at her.

"It's okay, I have another one." He said, holding up the other bottle before pointing at the shattered pieces on the floor. "That was an accident."

"And what do we need a cheap bottle of revnog for, Flyboy?" Padme asked as she slipped out of her bed, more amused than not at this point in their relationship although she knew exactly what he was here for. 

"I know you know, princess."

Ever since they had returned from destroying Starkiller Base, Padme and Poe had been at a crossroads. They could return to how it was, returning to their jobs and crossing paths in hallways as they did before being captured by the First Order and live the rest of their lives only exchanging curt nods and words during battle strategy meetings.

But it seemed neither could stomach the idea of that.

Somehow, in those dew days escaping death together, the two had become intrinsically aligned and hardly able to stomach the company of others who had not experienced what they had experienced together. It isolated them, sure, but they had each other. They had slipped briskly into an intimacy  which they were unable to recover from.

And that's how their nightly drinking fests started.

Poe couldn't help but let his eyes wonder ever so slightly as he watched her walk towards where her dressing gown hung at her door. Padme's hair hung loose and reached her lower back, falling in the waves Poe was particularly fond of but what really had his eyes wondering was the white nightgown she wore. Something he cursed each and every night for distracting him so.

So he was grateful when Padme slipped her dressing gown on before sitting beside him on the floor, leaning against the wall of her bunk and taking the unopened bottle of revnog from the pilot.

"You know, before my brother... well before he went away we used to steal my dads aged revnog from the cellar." Padme began, smiling at the memory as Poe stayed quiet, still unaware on how to tread when it came to the topic of Han with the recent loss. "And to cover out tracks we'd fill it up with water. Maker, we didn't even like the taste. It was more to see if he'd notice."

"Did he?"

"Of course he did." Padme said with a laugh as Poe grinned against the opening if the bottle and taking another swig. "Claimed mom thought he was an alcoholic or something and was trying some new age rehab tricks on him."

Poe laughed at that, feeling the warm thrum of the alcohol in his chest as he did so.

"Sounds like something Leia would do, to be honest." He said but before Padme could start speaking again, he cut in. "You mentioned your brother."

Padme swallowed lightly, taking the bottle from the pilot and taking another swig. 

"Wow right into the juicy stuff huh, Flyboy?"

"You don't have to answer." Poe said with a small shrug, eyes flicking to attempt to read her expression. "You can always pretend you're already drunk considering you're about the size of an Ewok so you're probably a lightweight anyway..."