Chapter 22: Two Months is Too Long

-Freddie's POV-

The film was far from over, John and I were still cuddling up together because neither of us were good and tired yet. I understood his overwhelming feelings about the retreat, but I have complete faith in him that he will make it through and out alright. He's still very much frightened since he claims to have heard god awful news about similar facilities. The retreat he's gonna be sent to is far from the negative things he's seen in the papers he's been reading lately. I've told him that he has nothing to worry about since this retreat is much nicer than the others compared, but still....

"Two months is too long, Freddie.", he complained. "I know, darling, it's for the best though. Please don't complain further. You're gonna do your best, I promise.", I reassured. "Freddie I'm gonna miss you. I just don't want you to be so lonely.", he whined. I shook my head in slight disbelief, I won't really be alone, besides, I have that blondie and Mr. Long Legs to look after anyways. "You have nothing to worry, cutie. Besides, I'll be with Rog and Brian after our first gig anyways. We'll be coming up with ideas for songs you can help finish when you return from your retreat.", I ensured.

John sadly sighed, he's already dealing with enough on his plate. Being a tea boy, a bassist, and going to the retreat. "We need you to be as sober as you possibly can for our first gig and then, our first album.", I established. "Fine, fine. I won't drink any alcohol before the gig.", he huffed. "If I catch you doing so, I'll ask to extend your stay to 3 months instead!", I instructed. My tone must've urked him because shortly after saying that, he shifted to the other side of the couch. "John I'm serious. I don't want any alcohol in your system at all! You must respect that set in stone boundary, you understand?", I inquired. "Yes Fred, I understand loud and clear!", he angrily pouted.

I nodded in agreement and just let him stay where he was, I could tell he was too emotional to fight me back so I got up from the couch and left into the bedroom. Eventually, two hours later, I felt him get in the bed quietly and just fell asleep immediately, not even a good night or nothing. Hopefully his anger is worn off in the morning. I grumbled quietly and just fell asleep as well, I just want what's best for him and he better know it.