8

Hanni knows just how smitten she is, and it doesn't bother her, not really; after all, it's not like it's detrimental to the main thing they're doing, which is basically portraying two people in love, so what's there to worry about, eh?

Nothing, Hanni repeats in her head, catching herself staring at Minji on set for the nth time. It's been a handful of days since shooting resumed, and Hanni has already settled back into the rhythm of it mostly - the late nights and the early mornings and the in-between moments like this, when they're waiting in the sidelines and could afford ten-minute naps and then some.

And then some. Hanni clears her throat, trying to suppress the laugh that has bubbled at the bottom of it. After that kiss, Hanni had expected Minji to freak and walk out, never again to be seen except maybe awkwardly -- only that wasn't how it turned out.

How it turned out was that Minji stayed. Against all expectations and Hanni's held breath, Minji stayed - like it had been the most logical thing to do, even when it absolutely wasn't, because Hanni wasn't really thinking but wanting, and oh, Hanni knows, she's still not thinking now.

No one is thinking now. So unnecessary. Hanni bites her lip, swiping idly at her phone's camera and taking a picture. It comes to her automatically these days - see Minji, snap something - and going over her camera roll at the moment, she can't help the small giggle that makes its way out at the sight of it.

"What are you laughing at?"

Hanni pockets her phone quickly, feeling her face grow warm as she looks up at Minji's just-woken face. "Nothing," she says, recovering with a smile. "Sleep well?"

"Mm-hmm." Minji stretches in her seat before walking over to Hanni's. "Your turn? My seat is more comfy for naps," she says, sliding in right beside Hanni. "I'll wake you when they call for us."

Hanni breathes in; when Minji's this near, it's almost impossible to resist sneaking out to make out, and Hanni traces a faint figure on Minji's forearm to let her know what she's thinking about.

"I said nap, Hanni," she says, but she settles against Hanni warmly anyway; Hanni could feel her smiling into her shoulder. "You and your bad ideas."

"I don't remember you complaining the last time," Hanni points out. That earns her a swat from Minji - that, and a ghost of a kiss against the skin under her ear. Hanni tries not to shudder - both at the sensation and the memory of the previous day's shenanigans in the empty set across their current studio. "You have bad ideas of your own."

"Who, me?"

Hanni moves away slightly, if only to watch Minji pull that innocent look at her in that moment. Jesus Christ, she just thinks. On a scale of one to Minji fucking Kim. "Yes, you," says Hanni, pressing a kiss on Minji's nose in kind.

"I'm just as bad as you are," Minji counters, and in her head Hanni goes, That's fucking it, before she caves in, kissing Minji squarely on the mouth, inhaling that small gasp Minji responds with in her surprise.

And so this is how it goes, those first few manic days: Hanni comes to work and kisses her co-star more often than she's supposed to, and nobody, not even Minji, seems to mind.

*

They get away with it mostly, for the first few weeks - disappearing between takes just like that, and dragging each other into dressing rooms in haste.

"We can't keep doing this--"

"Of course we can." Hanni nips at Minji's earlobe to quiet the rest of her, pushing her up against the mirror of her dresser, trying to negotiate a rhythm with their hips. Minji swallows hard; hard enough, at least, for Hanni to feel the skin of her throat move, and God, how is this even happening, exactly? Most days Hanni still can't believe it.