Minji breathes in, taking a moment to collect herself. Too damn early in the morning to be in so much distress, she just thinks, getting up and taking Hanni's room in - something she hadn't been able to do the night before, for obvious reasons.

It's quite a simple room - the bed occupies almost the entirety of it, and then there's Hanni's closet at the far wall, right beside what Minji assumes to be a bathroom. There is a table against one corner, which carries a lamp and a handful of notebooks and folders. Scripts, Minji thinks, her gut twisting for a moment.

Stepping out carefully, Minji finds herself back in the living room - it looks so different in the morning light, and Minji is actually a bit disoriented. Like the bedroom, the living room is likewise Hanni-less; Minji starts worrying, a little, as she finds her phone on the table, wondering if it's acceptable to shoot a quick Where are you? to Hanni.

Her phone rings after a moment, and in her panic, Minji forgets to check the caller ID. "Hanni?"

The chuckle at the other end of the line tells Minji how wrong she was - and how costly the error. "Good morning Minji." Danielle's voice filters through the phone and Minji groans lightly upon realizing her mistake. "I'd like to pry some more, but I have a feeling you aren't awake enough for my possible questions."

"You." Minji rubs at her forehead, her frustration summed up in a single word.

"Okay, before you bite my head off - I'm sorry, yeah?" says Danielle, though the way she's still laughing lightly kind of suggests otherwise, though Minji is frankly a bit too sleepy for proper anger. "Let us make it up to you."

Us? Minji feels her brow lift. "You and Haerin last night-"

"-drunk-dialed you while you were out with your sweet lady lover, and we're sorry." There is rustling on Danielle's end, and Jesus, is she still -- was she with Haerin all night? Haerin calls out a sleepy, "Sorry Minji!" in the background, and in the end Minji is unable to stop the smile from spreading across her lips. "Have brunch with us. We'll say sorry personally."

Well, if this apology comes with a very good story. "I want waffles and coffee."

"Done," says Danielle. And then: "Bring Hanni?"

*

Hanni comes in all sweaty, some ten minutes later, and Minji immediately regrets looking up from her magazine upon hearing the door open.

"Hi." Hanni smiles as she hands Minji a cup of coffee before tugging her earphones off. Her other arm is wrapped around a brown paper bag. "Bagels," she says, off the unsaid question on Minji's face. "From around the block."

"You're sweating." Minji feels her heart drop further. Of all things to say. Hanni lets out a little laugh and Minji tries going along with it the best she could. "I mean," she adds hastily. "Did you go out for a jog?"

"I was trying to wake you so we could go together," says Hanni, sitting beside Minji on the couch and handing her a bagel. "But you were sleeping so soundly I felt a little guilty for even trying."

Minji takes a shaky sip from her coffee. Hanni watched me sleep. How even am I supposed to get through this day? "Sorry I overslept." And for a host of other things. Hanni inches closer, humming happily into her bread, and Minji does her best to keep breathing.

"Nah, we had a long night," she just says, so off-handedly it's impossible to ascribe any further meaning to it. "You deserved the sleep. And besides," she pauses to take a bite, and is still chewing when she continues, "My bed is comfy, isn't it?"

Minji disguises her cough with a sip from her coffee.

"You okay?" asks Hanni.

"I'm fine." Minji takes a bite, and takes her time chewing. "Your bed is comfy," she concedes, after a while. "Thanks for letting me crash."