study hall

My life, was not like the other kids. While they were playing at the park, laughing and smiling as young kids should i was caged up in my home, not with toys but with books piled on the tables, trophies and awards were hung up on the wall of the achievements my sister had achieved, the sister i was meant to follow.  As years go by, nothing changed except the amount of pressure and homework piling up, for every year my sister the perfect child has to do something incredible. Its not that i hated her, she was such a perfect angel, kind to every person, good at sport, smart and pretty. I loved her, but with love came my jealously, in this house i wasnt valued unless i did something better than her which felt impossible. My afternoons and weekends were spent in classes, it was either tuition, or piano, or violin or sports... i really had no freedom, i couldnt do anything except gaze at the kids outside living their lives as i was meant to. 

Back to my normal life, im now a 16 year old student studying at Kaisei Academy. My school life is rather quiet, i stick with my close friends and always priortise my studies. I'm sure sure why i keep on striving to meet my parents expectations when no matter how hard i try ill never be good enough, yet that mere thought of a warm gentle hug by them, or a simple congratulation continues driving me. My best friend Mika was a tall lean girl, who truly was the most beautiful girl in my eyes, she had a glowing aura as she walked with the sun falling for her beauty as the sunlight radiates and gleams on her face, no matter how hard life got for me she was always that one person i could rely on. I truly admired and loved her with all my heart, my best friend to me was my entire world until one day i went to study hall...

Study hall was a place during the mornings where students were sent off to the library to study, this was usually my home in the mornings. I spent my early hours indulging in deep literature and solving some stupidly hard math problems, to me i wasn't ever really a math person but found love in literature as it allowed me the ability to escape reality, yet my reality was all about to change that very morning. New students were rare, as Kaisei was a private school where you had to be smart, or rich. It was only natural i was the highest grading student because of my scholarship, yet as this tall, handsome young man walked into the classroom i felt a chill down my spine. I didnt know why, but it was a feeling which made my heart skip a beat, there was no threat. He was a tall, handsome man, standing proud, he dressed in rich clothing which made me assume he was just another rich snob. Yet i couldnt explain why i had felt that way upon his arrival... "Class, please warmly welcome Toji Fushiguro , he is one of the only students to receive a full scholarship! I expect you all to treat him respectfully as his parents are one of the largest sponsors of this school." As the teacher said this, my heart dropped and i was shocked, i had proudly been the only student to receive a full scholarship and the thought of someone holding the same achievement as me made my heart shatter into millions of pieces ill never be able to find again. 

I watched him as he walked down to his assigned seats, as he walked the girls all looked at him in awe and in shock of his beauty and turned to whisper amongst themselves with the sound of quiet giggles filling the room. Yet i didnt feel that way, i didnt feel anything except a strong hatred towards him for no reason other than his achievements, at school i wanted to be the best but his utter existence made mines feel in danger. As i looked at him, i felt a small tap on my shoulder and turned towards it, it was Mika... "Girl, i cant tell if your interested in him or if you have those scary glares" i smiled at her comment, "Sure hes good looking, but i hope he isnt that smart... it must've been his parents who got him a scholarship. " I said softly as i looked at her with quiet gentle eyes, showing slight signs of sadness yet with a hint of anger. She smiled at me, and pet me on my head. I smiled back as turned towards the teacher as the class started. 

I'm not sure why but usually i would quietly listen and work as the teacher spoke, yet this time i felt a feeling of rage and anger rush through my body, my mind was chaotic and i just couldnt focus on anything, i hated this feeling. "Y/N, do you have the answer for question 9?" A sudden voice started entering my mind, it kept calling my name but i couldnt find out where it was coming from. I felt a sudden hit on my leg, it was Mika. "What are you doing, answer the question!" she whispered in a concerned tone, "Huh? Uhm I dont have the answer for question 9, yet sir..." i said quietly still puzzled in my thoughts, the entire classes looked at me in shock as i sat there disappointed in myself yet not feeling a slight anger except towards him. "Sir, the answer is 53.46..." Huh? What was that voice, i hadnt heard it before, i turned towards the voice.

Whatever happened it must've been bad because i woke up in the sick bay. My head felt heavy as i struggled to open my eyes, the bright light pierced my eyesight as my sight was blurry, yet as i looked up i could see a towering figure over me. "Who is there..." i groaned annoyingly as i hide my face from the sunlight, "Are you wake?" it was a deep masculine voice that shook me, as i stood up shocked as i rubbed my eyes and look at him eye to eye. It was the new kid, "Hello, I'm Toji Fushiguro, a new student hope you're fine..." his eyes look quiet and blank, his face showing no emotions, it was like his words were sincere yet was at the same time. My head ached as i sat up, and i looked at him his face was handsome as the sunlight reflected off his glowing skin, he looked perfect. But my hatred and anger towards him were just as vivid as the sunlight, this emotion was burning and immense as it pierced through my heart. I gave his a sharp cold look, as i weakly stood up and walked out of the sick bay thanking the ladies as i walked past.